The Analytics Insight and Loyalty group provides quantitative-based decision support and market research to many business units across Schwab. This position provides decision and analytical support for Schwab Affluent and Branch business teams.
Location: Englewood, CO
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity, we're committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Analytics Insight & Loyalty group provides quantitative-based decision support and market research to many business units across Schwab. Our mission is to provide thought leadership and actionable insights to drive company growth through world-class analytics. The group helps Schwab better understand the needs and behaviors of our clients and prospects through statistical analysis and modeling, reporting, and data management, allowing strategic decisions to be made in a data-driven, fact-based manner. Our work has high visibility throughout the company by helping business partners shape marketing and other strategies and quantify the effectiveness of tactical and strategic decisions.
Brief Description of Role:
This position provides decision and analytical support to help address the needs of Schwab Affluent and Branch business teams. The candidate will identify, collect, analyze and present key behavioral, profiling, and market metrics to support decision-making. He/she will be comfortable developing and working with complex statistical modeling/analysis and spatial analytics using SAS and Alteryx for the purpose of prediction and developing insights. Types of analytical projects that this position will work on include: identifying new markets for expansion, forecasting sales for new branches, assessing the impact of branch relocations, closures, and/or consolidations, evaluating the impact of new Affluent or branch programs, establishing customer segmentation, etc
This position will serve as an internal consultant and partner with analytic staff, data engineers, market research, strategy, business partners, and external vendors to recommend and deliver appropriate solutions for complex business decisions. The candidate should be able to clearly communicate and translate statistical and mathematical results in a way that builds understanding, confidence, and guides actionable decisions.
- Bachelors or MS in statistics, operations research, economics, marketing, or related field with a strong interest in the application of modeling and analysis for decision-making.
- 5+ years experience in advanced analytics consulting, including experience developing, calibrating and applying models for predicting the best sites for new branches or site locations.
- Strong SAS (including macros) and SQL are required. Capabilities in data extraction and aggregation/ preparation for analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and skill and interest in communicating with senior levels of management.
- Skilled at understanding high-level business questions, objectives, and needs in order to develop a thoughtful and robust analytics strategy.
- Site selection analytics and modeling using Alteryx and/or GIS systems.
- Experience in data mining, modeling, and advanced statistical analysis using SAS (e.g., linear/non-linear models, regression, ANOVA, design of experiments, optimization, cross-sectional and time-series, segmentation, clustering, response modeling).
- Approaches analytical problems with an appropriate blend of statistical/mathematical rigor with practical business intuition.
- Self-starter with interest and ability to work both independently and highly collaboratively.