Global Director, Applied Analytics
Lead a team of analytics professionals in the development of holistic customer profiles, business-driving analysis / insight and CRM targeting strategies.
Location: Portland, OR
As the leader of Nike's Direct to Consumer Applied Analytics team, you will lead a team of analytics professionals in the development of holistic customer profiles, business-driving analysis / insight & CRM targeting strategies. You will drive various advanced data modeling techniques to mine the data warehouse for the identification of trends that suggest new marketing & business opportunities and follow through with the recommendation of key strategies to leverage opportunities.
Your areas of potential impact include areas as diverse as: (a) customer retention marketing strategies (b) the use of online performance data to drive improvements to customer experience (c) the development of a full-fledged multichannel view of the Nike customer profile. You will also shape the landscape around the incorporation of advanced analytics throughout the digital commerce organization and spearhead initiatives to instill the importance of data driven-decisions as a key component of success. You will serve as the primary evangelist for the power of predictive analysis and develop business cases for presentation to key stakeholders to illustrate proven successes. You will also act in a leadership role in the development of organizational benchmarks of key consumer metrics and performance indicators.
The role requires a leader with strong, hands-on analytics experience (SAS, SQL, predictive modeling, data warehouse best practices) and a blend of "traditional" CRM direct targeting with a modern "big data" mindset. In other words, you are as comfortable working with your technology partners to mine the edges of the Hadoop cluster as you are putting together an incremental response model for email targeting and helping ensure its successful education through Unica. You've reached the point in your career where you've learned how to be effective by empowering others, but sometimes you crank out your own analysis because you just can't help yourself (even though it probably isn't the most "rational" use of your time). You are passionate about iteration and testing and are borderline-obsessed with control groups. You desire to be a mentor and intellectual partner for your team, and your boundless curiosity is infectious. You like the word "incremental" when it is applied to a measurement or model but prefer "step change" when talking about driving business results. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential idea to business users who don't always understand how the sausage is made. You instinctively minimize complexity, focus on the customer and drive sales.
Requirements for this position include:
- Masters in quantitative degree (Statistics, Decisions Sciences, Computer Science, Economics etc..) preferred
- Between 12 - 15 years professional experience and minimum of 8 years of database analytics experience required
- Analysis and data interpretation in support of direct marketing strategy development, program implementation and evaluation/back-end analysis required
- Previous leadership experience of an analytical organization (previous people management experience of at least 5 years required)
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience required
- Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations preferred
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making. Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required
- Strong technical, analytical skillset (deep SAS, SQL, predictive modeling skills required; R familiarity a plus). Experience gleaning insight from a Hadoop environment preferred.