Sr. Database Analyst, Applied Analytics
Employ advanced data modeling techniques to find trends that suggest new marketing and business opportunities and follow through with the recommendation of key strategies. Exceptionally strong, hands-on analytics experience, a blend of "traditional" CRM direct targeting with a modern "big data" mindset.
Location: Portland, OR
As a member of this team, you will be one of the analytics professionals generating business-driving multichannel insight & CRM targeting strategies on behalf of Nike's Digital Direct to Consumer business. You will employ advanced data modeling techniques to mine the data warehouse for the identification of trends that suggest new marketing & business opportunities and follow through with the recommendation of key strategies to leverage opportunities.
A small sample of your areas of potential impact would include topics as diverse as: (a) customer retention marketing strategies (b) the use of online performance data to drive improvements to customer experience (c) the development of a full-fledged multichannel view of the Nike customer profile. You will influence the incorporation of advanced analytics throughout the digital commerce organization, be an evangelist for the power of predictive analysis and develop business cases for presentation to key stakeholders to illustrate proven successes.
The role requires exceptionally strong, hands-on analytics experience (SAS, SQL, predictive modeling, data warehouse best practices) and a blend of "traditional" CRM direct targeting with a modern "big data" mindset. In other words, you are equally at ease creating an incremental response model for email targeting and helping ensure its successful execution through Unica as you are wading through raw Omniture data to glean a key insight.
You are passionate about iteration and testing and are borderline-obsessed with control groups. Your boundless curiosity is infectious. You like the word "incremental" when it is applied to a measurement or model but prefer "step change" when talking about driving business results. You are humble enough so that the term "Data Scientist" makes you smirk, but you sometimes wonder what the difference is between that and your own skill set. You like to collaborate with others to make sure your brilliant ideas are actually executed. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential idea to business users who don't always understand how the sausage is made. You instinctively minimize complexity, focus on the customer and drive sales.
Requirements for this position include:
- Masters in quantitative degree (Statistics, Decisions Sciences, Computer Science, Economics etc..) preferred
- Between 7-12 years professional experience and minimum of 6 years of database analytics experience required
- Strong technical, analytical skillset (deep SAS, SQL, predictive modeling skills required)
- Preferred: Familiarity with Enterprise Miner, R. Comfortable operating within a Unix/Linux environment, working in a Hadoop environment. Programming languages, such as Python, a significant plus.
- Analysis and data interpretation in support of direct marketing strategy development, program implementation and evaluation/back-end analysis required
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience required
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of rigorous experiment design & analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making. Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required