Data Mining Engineer – Big Data/HPC
The Bosch Group manufactures and markets many automotive, industrial, power, and security products. Your goal is to develop and implement algorithms for distributed and parallel predictive analytics.
Company: Bosch RTC
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The Bosch Group manufactures and markets automotive OE and aftermarket products, industrial automation and mobile products, power tools and accessories, security technology, and packaging equipment.
The Bosch Research and Technology Center focuses on the following topics: ASIC design and MEMS technology; Energy conversion and energy storage technologies, modeling simulation and controls; Wireless Technologies; Internet Technologies; Algorithms for Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Data Mining; and User Interaction Technologies.
The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC), with an office in Palo Alto, CA, focuses on the topics of sensor and communication technologies, including MEMS integration techniques and RF applications; new powertrain concepts; communication systems for automotive and industrial applications; and human-machine-interaction and visualization technologies.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Develop and implement algorithms for distributed and parallel predictive analytics.
- Stay up-to-date w/research & innovative 3rd party products addressing storage & analysis of large datasets from real-world problems.
- Develop distributed/parallel solutions for predictive analytics and visualization of structured & unstructured data sets.
- Design test cases to evaluate run-time & predictive performance of parallel/distributed algorithms.
- Improve scalability performance of existing storage and analytics solutions.
Your competencies and qualifications:
- Practical exp. in developing algorithms & appl. using MapReduce, MPI, or similar frameworks.
- Exp. parallelizing algorithms in MPI, MapReduce, OpenMP, or similar parallel environment.
- Exp. w/distributed file systems & working knowledge of NoSQL or other distributed DTB systems.
- Demonstrated exp. w/relational database systems and familiarity with SQL.
- Proven expertise in applying descriptive and inferential statistics in Big Data.
- Competence in theory & application of standard machine learning or data mining algorithms.
- Need Linux OS system internals, storage concepts, & networking topologies & protocols.
- Exp. identifying performance bottlenecks w/network, I/O, OS, DBMS configuration.
- Exp. w/2+ of the following: Java, C++ (STL), Python, Perl, MATLAB, R, SPSS, SAS.
- Propensity to work with stakeholders from a variety of business units & educational backgrounds.
- HBase, Hive, Pig, Cassandra, or similar technologies - Mahout (a plus)