Sr. Quantitative Analyst
Do you love finding interesting trends in a large data set and want to grow your career with an innovative company?
Company: Bridgepoint Education
Location: San Diego, CA
Does the idea of finding interesting trends in a large data set fill you with a deep thrill? Are looking to grow your career with an innovative company? Is growth potential something you are looking for?
Then we want to talk with you!
Email to: Brandon.Salontai@bpiedu.com
Reporting to the Director of Advanced Analytics the Sr. Quantitative Analyst is a full-time position located in San Diego, California.
Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Bridgepoint's strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using innovative analytical and statistical solutions, the department partners closely with the business to use data to gain knowledge and insight to drive decision making and business change
Essential Job Duties:
- Use analytics to answer business questions, appropriately selecting the relevant analytical technique, utilizing excellent data visualization and presentation skills, and effectively communicating recommendations.
- Bring a Consultative mindset when approaching problems with business customers
- Prepare and deliver analytical presentations that paint a simple portrayal of complex projects and conclusions.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and create effective visual displays of data with statistical validity
- Develop analytic and statistical solutions to provide insight and actionable results and recommendations.
- Extract, clean, and prepare data for analysis
- Provide ad hoc analysis for various stakeholders throughout the organization
- Develop analysis plans and strategies, effectively estimate work effort, and self-manage projects
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company's core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Proven ability to use analytics to answer business questions, appropriately selecting the relevant analytical technique, utilizing excellent data visualization and presentation skills, and effectively communicating recommendations.
- Solid understanding of applied statistics and quantitative methodology
- Demonstrated expertise in leading data mining software packages such as SAS or R with large and complex data sets. Experience with Tableau desirable
- Data extraction and preparation skills from multiple data sources.
- Solid technical experience with relational database servers, including Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and MySQL.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute concurrent projects and tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Consulting and mentoring mindset with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong ability to paint a simple portrayal of complex projects and conclusions.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Masters in the field of Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related field and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience as a Statistician, Statistical Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, or Data Mining Analyst.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit?
Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!