Senior Software Engineer -Data Mining Scientist
Rocket Fuel is a digital-advertising technology company in Silicon Valley that has grown rocket-fast since its founding in 2008, and is a leader in the emerging phenomenon of scientific advertising online.
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Work for Rocket Fuel, and launch your career into orbit.
Rocket Fuel is a digital-advertising technology company in Silicon Valley that has grown rocket-fast since its founding in 2008. The company is a leader in the emerging phenomenon of scientific advertising online. It combines a world-class engineering team with the industry's most productive sales and delivery teams. Its customers are some of the world's most successful brands. Rocket Fuel serves them from its offices in 15 cities around the globe including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg.
What you get to do:
- Explore billions of records, research and develop predictive models and optimization algorithms for ad targeting and bidding on Ad Exchanges
- Implement these models and algorithms, leveraging grid computing on Hadoop and Hive
- Work with our Analysts and Marketing teams to understand client goals, and work with Engineering team to turn research into products
- Opportunity to work in a uniquely high-scale global business with 10 Billion advertising opportunities a day to score for response prediction
- Ability to be a factor in a business where for a data scientist a 10% algorithm improvement can mean 10% incremental net revenues instantly
What you bring to the role:
- MS minimum / Ph.D. desired in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations research or related fields and 2+ years experience in data mining and machine learning on large amounts of data
- Exceptionally strong candidates with a BS and relevant work experience are also welcome
- Strong background in Data Mining, machine learning, and statistical analysis with a minimum of 2 relevant projects in same
- Keen aptitude for large-scale data analysis with a knack for identifying key insights from data
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning techniques, such as logistic regression, naive bayes, SVM, decision trees, neural networks, and random forests
- Structured thinker that can clearly articulate thoughts both written and orally
- Understanding of targeting and personalization
- Excellent software development and programming skills using Java and or C++ and scripting languages