Analytic Application Developer
Work with Nielsen Advanced Solutions Group analytic modelers to commercialize analytical methods that prove to be successful with our FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) customers.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
The North American Professional Services team leads all of Nielsen's relationships with consumer-focused manufacturers and retailers. The team includes over 1,600 professionals in the United States and Canada and manages relationships for several hundred clients headquartered in North America including Kraft, Procter & Gamble and Coca Cola to name a few. The Nielsen organization is in a truly unique position to provide integrated solutions for our clients using unparalleled research and media assets. With these tools, we consult with clients to offer strategic insights and recommendations on our clients' highest priority business issues.
Work with Nielsen Advanced Solutions Group analytic modelers to commercialize analytical methods that prove to be successful with our FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) customers. Deliver results from these cutting edge analytical methods to internal and external clients. You will be working with other members of the Advanced Solutions Group to develop analytical applications in C++ that implement novel algorithms on large data sets that provide actionable insight for our clients.
New Analytic Application Development
- Understand requirements of new analytic methods
- Evaluate prototype implementations and determine best implementation for production system
- Create robust analytic applications and processes that can support internal and/or external users
- Ensure scalability of final application/process
- Manages project workload, prioritizing the work of self and others
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery
- Communicates and collaborates with the Advanced Solutions team
- Minimum 3 years of development experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a quantitatively intensive field such as: Physical Sciences, Engineering, Economics or Statistics
- Demonstrable quantitative skills, interpersonal skills
- Effective technical documentation skills
- High attention to details and organization
- Strong background in multivariate statistical methods, data mining, econometrics and time-series analysis
Eg. - clustering, regression, linear and non-linear optimization, principle component analysis, ARIMA, monte carlo simulation
- Strong quantitative problem solving skills
- 3+ years programming in C/C++
- 1+ years programming in SQL
- 1+ years programming in JAVA
- Extensive experience with NAG, IMSL or other C numerical libraries.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good team work skills
- Database experience (other than SQL) with one of the following: Netezza, Oracle, MySQL or SQLite
- SAS, R, Matlab or other quantitative packages
- Excel VBA
- Relevant FMCG industry experience