Amazon Instant Video Content Discovery
– Software Development Engineer
Work on our video personalization, recommendation, and discovery algorithms and deliver a delightful experience personalized for each customer.
Location: Seattle, WA
The world of television is changing. At Amazon, we aim to offer our customers an all-encompassing experience that allows anyone to watch any movie or television show anywhere, anytime. Amazon Instant Video delivers movies and television shows instantly to PCs, tablets, game consoles, smart TVs, and other living room devices worldwide. This is a young and fast growing business where creativity and drive will create a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed.
As a member of our team, you will be encouraged to see the big picture, think creatively, and positively impact millions of customers. Join us as we work to shape the future of television around the world.
The Amazon Instant Video Content Discovery team is seeking strong software development engineers to work on our video personalization, recommendation, and discovery algorithms and deliver a delightful experience personalized for each customer. As a part of this team, you will analyze large scale user behavior data surrounding how users choose the content they watch and cover areas that include search, personalization, visits, and ratings.
You will experiment with a breadth of approaches to optimize the movies and television shows recommended to customers using machine learning techniques from unsupervised methods such as clustering, supervised classifiers, search based information retrieval techniques, and collaborative and content based recommendation approaches. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and iterating on machine learning algorithms and A/B tests, optimizing and improving production systems, leveraging Hadoop/EMR for large scale data processing, and working with teams across the organization to drive projects from idea generation to live and running code.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience as a software developer
- Fluent in Java or C++
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms
- Strong Object Oriented design skills
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field a plus
- Experience with recommender systems, data mining, machine learning, or artificial intelligence in a commercial setting (for the core recommender systems role)
- Knowledge of scalable distributed systems and service oriented architecture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to innovate and simplify
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Keywords: machine learning, data mining, personalization, recommender systems, similarities, hadoop, mahout, information extraction, sentiment analysis, unsupervised learning, supervised learning, instance based learning, dimensionality reduction, latent factors, NLP
To learn more about our team or submit an application, please email email@example.com
Top Stories Past 30 Days