MethodCare is the leading provider of big data analytics for healthcare organizations, and is growing rapidly. We need a talented and experienced Data Scientist who thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment.
Location: Chicago, IL
MethodCare, Inc. (methodcare.com) is the leading provider of big data analytics to drive financial and operational excellence for healthcare organizations. Our cloud-based solutions integrate disparate data from patient accounting and clinical systems, and extract actionable insights to improve the revenue cycle and manage population health. MethodCare's robust workflow and real-time advanced analytics improve patient access, charge integrity, reimbursement, and accurately estimate the health and financial risk of patient populations. Our data-driven method delivers greater revenue, cost saving opportunities and arms healthcare providers with the intelligence to make more strategic, proactive decisions about patient care.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist, who has previously supported healthcare software applications. The data scientist role involves solving technical data-driven healthcare problems using computer science, mathematical, predictive modeling and statistical methods and knowledge. This person will interact with teams from account management, engineering and R&D to conduct detailed analysis and experimentation to maximize predictive modeling and data mining model utility across MethodCare's product line. The role will focus on extending machine learning, predictive modeling and data mining components to provide up-to-date intelligence to healthcare providers maximizing outcomes. An ideal candidate for this position can approach problem-solving challenges independently, has a strong attention to detail and enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-based environment.
- M.S. or higher in the fields of Statistics or Computer Science
- Complete familiarity with various statistical and machine learning techniques including: classification, regression, dimension reduction, clustering and various multivariate methods
- Practical experience implementing algorithms from the above areas
- Understanding of the orders of algorithms and how they scale
- Demonstrated competency in RDBMS (e.g. SQL-Server). Additional competency in C# a plus.
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Aptitude for medical informatics a plus.
- Comfortable working in newly forming, ambiguous areas where learning and adaptability are key skill
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Work closely with engineering and product management teams in designing, experimenting-with and implementing machine learning and analytical systems applied to design information and user behavior
- Work closely with engineering teams to gather and process data as well as in surfacing various analytically based features in core products
- Work on groundbreaking new applications of machine learning and analytic technology to healthcare, producing quantitative, justifiable results to guide feature planning.
- Translate real-world healthcare problems to mathematical framework.
- Work with product management, marketing and sales as needed to promote sales and to incorporate market and customer feedback
- Data exploration, hypothesis creation (from business and product goals), testing algorithms, scaling to large data-sets and validating results will be common tasks for this role
- Understand, organize, and communicate root causes of problems and successes.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all MethodCare employees.
- Base salary: Competitive
- Bonus: 10% of base salary
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- FSA Plan
- Stock Options
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
If interested in the applying for the position, please send a cover letter and a resume to [email protected].