Have an extensive background in machine learning and data mining and a strong passion for inventing, applying, and evaluating algorithms to extract knowledge from large data sets.
Company: DuPont Pioneer
Location: Johnston, IA
DuPont Pioneer, a global leader in delivering improved seed genetics and services to maximize agricultural productivity, seeks an expert on machine learning and data mining to join our Breeding Technologies team. Breeding Technologies is composed of extremely talented, quantitative individuals with backgrounds in computer science, statistics, genetics, and software development. We develop analytic methods and apply them to large data sets to drive innovation in our research and development pipelines.
The successful candidate will possess an extensive background in machine learning and data mining and a strong passion for inventing, applying, and evaluating algorithms to extract knowledge from large data sets. We are looking for smart, driven, detail-oriented individuals with the critical thinking skills needed to deliver outstanding solutions to complex problems in an evolving research environment. This is a critical position with the potential for significant, long-term impact on our business.
- Develop and apply machine learning, data mining, or statistical techniques to extract insights from large research data sets. Data sets will focus on important decision points in product development processes.
- Identify and demonstrate novel ways machine learning approaches can improve decisions on new products and the advancement of products through our research pipeline.
- Work with other scientists in Breeding Technologies to identify problems where machine learning and data mining may offer solutions.
- Explore and develop solutions to these problems.
- Conduct independent research and extend in-house algorithms as needed.
- Uphold DuPont Core Values at all times.
- PhD in computer science, statistics, or a related field. A minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience is required, with 4 years preferred. Post-doctoral experience may serve as experience.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Expertise in machine learning, data mining, and statistical methodology and demonstrated experience using these techniques to solve real problems.
- Proven ability to independently deliver end-to-end analyses by asking the right questions, extracting data, building predictive models, and making results actionable to non-experts.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, (e.g. Python or Perl) and/or formal programming language (e.g. C# or C .)
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and ability to lead teams to complete complex research projects.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
Apply online at www.pioneer.com/careers. Search for job 20497BR,
or apply directly for Research Scientist here.