Business Intelligence Engineer
A proven self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and passionate about using data to drive decisions. Deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data is best for the task at hand.
Location: Seattle, WA
Amazon is one of the world's most highly trafficked sites and the delivery of relevant advertising to shopping customers is a key company strategy and rapidly growing source of revenue.
Amazon Advertiser Platform team is looking for a Business Analyst who will support this growth by providing audience, platform and product insights. If you are interested in being part of a high visibility, strategic team, if you are passionate on developing analytical solution to solve business problems, and you are critical analytical and want to influence Amazon business decision, this is the right place for you.
The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and who is passionate about using data to drive decisions. The analyst must also be able to deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data is best for the task at hand.
- Analyze large amounts of historical advertising and business datasets to develop advertising campaign insights or solve key advertising client business problems.
- Building simple tools that can be used by the Ad Services and the trafficking teams to perform campaign analysis and optimization towards meeting campaign goals.
- Develop and leverage innovative measurement techniques to understand and influence levers for our performance advertising product.
- Partner with software engineering and product management teams to support analytical product development, impact measurement and adoption of innovative new features for the platform.
- Analyze supply of advertising inventory to influence product and sourcing decisions to meet the advertising client objectives
- Analyze the bid landscape of third party ad inventory supply to recommend effective bidding strategy for exceeding client goals
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling reports and presentations on a regular basis.
- Scale data insights across US and International advertising markets
- Invent new methods and processes to make insights discovery faster and more efficient, including automation in Excel and other scripting languages
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative or a technical field.
- 5+ years' experience in business analytics and reporting
- Extremely proficient, power user of Excel
- Proficient with Oracle SQL data mining, write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with or exposure to basic statistics: significance tests, regression
- Master's degree in quantitative or technical field.
- Previous exposure to digital advertising campaign analysis and media buying
- Previous experience with very large complex datasets
- Help manage a high-volume research request queue to support ad hoc requests for data
- Basic scripting in Python, Hive and Pig