Machine Learning Analyst
Mine results from images of live bacterial cells under antibiotic stress to develop population models and algorithms for susceptibility classification. Analysis of live-cell populations requires initiative, intellectual curiosity, and diligent observation for insight into organism behavior.
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Cell Biology Data Analyst position will mine results from time-lapse digital imaging of individual single live bacterial cells under antibiotic stress to develop population models and algorithms for susceptibility classification. The company's culture free clinical microbiology technology works directly from clinical specimens, extracting live bacterial and fungal pathogens. It counts the number of live organisms, identifies, and then monitors susceptibility of bacteria reporting results in less than 8 hours.
The revolutionary approach eliminates the need for enrichment and isolation significantly changing the paradigm that has driven the market for the last century. Analysis of live-cell populations requires initiative, intellectual curiosity, and diligent observation for insight into organism behavior. Consequently, the successful candidate will use his or her judgment to discern material scientific observations that drive achievement of development milestones from those that are theoretically interesting. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, curious who enjoys independent work in a fast changing high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop multi-parametric algorithms to correlate bacteria identification and susceptibility assay data with gold standard methodology
- Elucidate relationships between data patterns and microscopic images of live bacteria under control and test conditions.
- Create reports and visualization tools to illustrate statistical significance of experimental results and identify trends
- Work with the laboratory staff to help quickly detect and identify experimental problems and failures
- Manage data stream generated by HPC cluster through efficient reporting of results
- Develop statistical methods and machine learning for predictive analysis to decrease time to result
- Post-graduate education in statistics or computer science
Experience and Required Skills:
- Experience with image and/or data analysis of live cell imaging systems
- Experience with statistics, data mining, machine learning methods
- Knowledge of image processing algorithms
- Experience in scientific programming in MATLAB, JAVA, C#, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with image processing software such as ImageJ or equivalent
- Knowledge of object-oriented data structures
- Experience with SQL database queries
Email to email@example.com