This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative quantitative thinker who is passionate about healthcare to leverage their skills and interests
Location: Chicago, IL
The Chartis Group is an advisory services Firm that provides management consulting and applied research to leading hospitals and health systems in the areas of Strategic Planning, Advanced Operations, and Organizational Alignment. The Firm is comprised of uniquely experienced senior healthcare professionals and consultants who apply a deep knowledge of healthcare economics, markets, and organizational dynamics to achieve unequaled results for their clients.
The Data Analyst is responsible for providing high quality data and analytic support for client engagements and internal research and development initiatives within the Firm. They apply advanced database management and sophisticated analytic tools and skills to manipulate large client, industry, and proprietary datasets into compelling quantitative findings. They serve as part of the Analytics Team (A-Team) that is based out of our Chicago office. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative quantitative thinker who is passionate about healthcare to leverage their skills and interests to develop the A-Team and its capabilities within Chartis.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Brendan Donegan, Human Capital Manager, at email@example.com.
The Data Analyst position within the A-Team (DAT) - has three primary responsibilities:
1. Provide data and analytic support to Chartis consulting engagement teams
- Work with client to aid data request fulfillment
- Receive major client datasets
- Thoroughly QA and cleanse all raw datasets
- Build out datasets to maximize utility using advanced data management tools
- Execute core set of analytics for strategy, operations, or alignment engagements
- Document analytic methodologies
- Codify datasets and outputs into client-ready deliverables
- Perform knowledge transfer to project team / client
2. Support the analytic and research needs of Chartis' internal Firm teams and practice areas
- Strategy, Advanced Operations, and Alignment Practice Teams
- Applied Research initiatives
- Chartis Forum / whitepaper development
- Staff training and internal knowledge management initiatives
3. Develop new, advanced analytic methods and models for use on client engagements and for future development into standalone products
- Acquire and manage industry datasets for internal research and development initiatives
- Develop and maintain new, proprietary Chartis datasets
- Build and disseminate catalog of available data sources
- Refine and codify Chartis analytic methodologies and tools
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Familiarity with healthcare data and analytics preferred
- Must have experience managing large datasets and performing advanced analytics (e.g. Excel modeling)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel VBA and some programming tool such as SAS, SQL or other is preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills; math / computer science / engineering background preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Applications, innovative thinker and problem-solver; capable of developing new and creative ways of solving complex problems using data
- Strong work and time management skills; able to work effectively under tight timelines
- Ability to communicate analytic findings to and interact effectively with consulting staff/project teams
- Committed to living in Chicago, working out of Chicago office, and travel as needed to the client site (no more than 10% )
- Chartis was recently ranked #18 overall in the 2013 top 50 Consulting Firms on vault.com. They also scored top ten marks in categories such as Diversity - LGBT (#1), Philanthropy (#3), Business Outlook (#3), Firm Culture (#4), Innovation (#4), Ability to Challenge (#6), and Supervisor Relationships (#7).
- The Chartis Group provides a competitive employee benefits plan. This plan includes medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage, life insurance and short and long term disability coverage. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the Firm's 401k plan upon hire.
- Position would be based in the downtown Chicago office.
- All members of the firm get to take part in company quarterly meetings around the country including the annual company retreat.
The Chartis Group philosophy regarding its people is grounded in one simple construct: Each and every individual brings unique and important contributions to our clients, the Firm, and our own individual lives. This belief is central to how we manage the Firm, work together, support one another, and enrich each other's lives. A core objective of the Firm is that it provides the opportunity for each of its members to live richly-to impact the world, to grow, to have colleagues and friends committed to each person's success, to build something enduring-and to be rewarded, financially, in learning, in relationships, and in purpose. Every person at The Chartis Group is dedicated to this objective.
To learn more, please send a resume and cover letter to Brendan Donegan, Human Capital Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.