Staff Data Scientist, Forecasting and Demand Analysis
Your goal - to improve the education process and better the lives of students, through data and Analytics.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
The organization: Analytics
The Analytics team is central to Chegg - supporting every business line and functional organization at the company. It is a team composed of engineers, mathematicians, statisticians, scientists, and business analysts. The team influences strategy and tactics of Chegg's product roadmap and engineering; organizes and monitors marketing and promotion efforts; engages with financial planners; and is responsible for the planning and execution of several components of the supply chain.
The role: Forecasting & Demand Analysis
The Senior Forecasting and Demand Analysis role is a key member of the Analytics team who will provide business forecasts and insights to the business leadership and executives at Chegg. You will need to have extensive expertise in multiple areas as the role spans Chegg's three Business Units, Marketing, and Finance. You will not only focus on developing advanced time series forecasts, but also interpreting results and communicating all aspects of performance. When unexpected shifts occur, you will perform sensitivity analysis on a variety of options, and recommend to senior leadership the best ways to move forward.
This role is not for the light-hearted, as it is highly impactful to the organization. If you have extensive experience working with forecasting commerce businesses with high degrees of seasonality; if you have worked extensively forecasting financial markets; or if Nate Silver regularly seeks you out for forecasting advice, please apply.
This position is based in Santa Clara, CA, and the role will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and own business-level forecasting algorithms (site traffic, customers, conversion)
- Influence strategic and tactical business decisions based on insights into future demand
- Provide monthly and quarterly level forecasts to multiple functional areas of the business
- Work with Marketing to analyze and quantify effect of campus wide campaigns on expected demand
- Institute reports and dashboards of relevant metrics that enable improved decision-making across business functions
- Anticipate performance questions, perform sensitivity analyses, and proactively communicate to executive staff
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for senior management in Marketing and Finance.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated success in data or business analytics, business and financial forecasting
- Bachelor's degree (B.S/B.A) or equivalent from a university; technical fields required (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science etc.)
- Advanced Degree (Master's or PhD) in a technical field preferred, but not required
- Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to a broad audience
- Extensive analytical toolset including an advanced understanding of statistics (time series analysis, cluster analysis, multivariate analysis), discrete simulation, linear and nonlinear optimization
- Excellent SQL skills; comfortable using various data access tools
- Strong statistical background and experience with R or SAS
- Familiarity working with unstructured data platforms such as Hadoop, Aster, and Elastic MapReduce a plus
- Familiarity with BI platforms such as Tableau and Qlikview, scripting language (Python, Perl) experience a plus
- Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple product teams
Chegg is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications are no longer accepted.
Top Stories Past 30 Days