Expert on machine learning and data mining to join a new team using big data analytic methods for creation and delivery of innovative, customer-focused agronomic services.
Location: Johnston, IA
DuPont Pioneer, a global leader in delivering improved seed genetics and services to maximize agricultural productivity, seeks an expert on machine learning and data mining to join a new team focused on developing and applying analytic methods to large data sets. The work of this team will drive the creation and delivery of innovative, customer-focused agronomic services.
The successful candidate will be a leader that possesses an extensive background in machine learning and data mining and a strong passion for inventing, applying, and evaluating algorithms to extract knowledge from large data sets. We are looking for smart, driven, detail-oriented individuals with the critical thinking skills needed to deliver outstanding solutions to complex problems in an evolving business environment. This is a critical position with the potential for significant, long-term impact on our business.
- Develop and apply machine learning, data mining, or statistical techniques to extract insights from large agronomic data sets. Data sets will focus on the important decision points made by farmers today.
- Identify and demonstrate novel ways machine learning approaches can improve decisions, add value to services, and contribute to the advancement of ideas into the marketplace.
- Inspire other team members by identifying business problems where machine learning and data mining may offer solutions.
- Explore and develop solutions to these problems in a team-oriented setting.
- Conduct independent research and extend in-house algorithms as needed.
- Uphold DuPont Core Values at all times.
- PhD in computer science, statistics, or a related field and 6-8 years of relevant post-graduate work experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the agricultural industry is preferred but not required.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Expertise in machine learning, data mining, and statistical methodology and demonstrated experience using these techniques to solve real problems.
- Proven ability to independently deliver end-to-end analyses by asking the right questions, extracting data, building predictive models, and making results actionable to non-experts.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, such as Python or Perl.
- Proficiency in C , Java, or C# preferred.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and ability to lead teams to complete complex projects on time and in budget.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
Apply online at www.pioneer.com/careers, Search for job DAT00001004,
or apply directly to Data Scientist, DAT00001004.