All Out is mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful global movement for love and equality. Data Analyst will work on improving campaigning using scientific measurement and right metrics.
Location: New York, NY
All Out is mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
In our first two years, All Out's growth has been explosive - we have more than 1,600,000 members from every country on the globe - but numbers aren't what we're most proud of. By working online and offline and in close partnership with human rights defenders in every region, All Out is having a real impact.
All Out is constantly improving our campaigning techniques by understanding our successes and failures. The Data Analyst's job is to make sure that understanding is based on scientific measurement rather than intuition or best guesses. The job is to understand All Out's campaigning style and organizational goals, and use the right metrics and analysis so that campaigners can see and learn from our results.
The Data Analyst will work with campaign staff and senior management to derive insights into best practices from analyzing both existing data and originating new data. The Analyst will be expected to respond to campaigners' testing needs as well as propose tests that will advance our understanding of the ways in which we interact with our members and the public online.
Many times campaigners or other staff will suggest things to test; the Data Analyst will make sure those tests are done in a way that yields statistically valid results. Other times the Data Analyst will propose tests directly, or derive insights into best practices from analyzing existing data. This encompasses our webpages, email streams, surveys, online advertising and social media - all the ways in which we interact with our members and the public online.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work with campaign staff and technical staff to design experiments which reveal best practices for generating email opens & clicks, website conversions, and donations.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experiment conclusions in a manner accessible to non-technical decision makers.
- Monitor and improve the quality of our data hygiene and organization.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- You consider a statistics package like R, STATA, or SPSS to be an indispensable part of your toolkit.
- Experience running A/B and multivariate tests.
- Broad understanding of web, email, and social media data.
- Ability to translate statistical information into accessible concepts for non-technical staff.
- Know how to use regression and segmentation techniques to build models.
- Previous analytics work for online political or social campaigns.
- Experience with international, multi-lingual, and multi-currency analysis.
- Creative ideas on using public data sets to derive additional insights into our work.
- Ability to manipulate data using a language like Python or Ruby.
- A global sensibility, foreign language skills, global policy expertise and/or global work experience.
Pay is competitive and based on experience. This position will initially be contract-based, with an eye towards growing into a full-time position. All Out is a virtual organization and staff members are based all over the world; we accept applications from any location. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds, specifically women, people of color, LGBT people and international applicants.
To apply, please send a CV and brief cover note explaining your fit for the role to [email protected] with the subject line "Data Analyst."
Please mention that you saw this job ad on KDnuggets.