Software Development Manager – Advertising
Looking for talented managers who enjoy ideating new features, product definitions, creative algorithms, helping build large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment.
Company: Amazon (Bangalore)
Location: Bangalore, India
Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are leaders in the online retail industry, enabling customers WW to purchase millions of unique items. As Amazon.com seeks to increase its presence in many countries with different customer behaviors, one of our biggest challenges is to increase the awareness of our product selection and price to customers, and to make us the premier online shopping company.
The Advertising team in Amazon has the charter of marketing our products to drive traffic to Amazon.com and increase sales. We are also responsible for increasing the monetization of our Publishers by having Amazon and non-Amazon ads and product references on their sites. The Publisher Experience team provides easy to use tools for publishers to create these visually appealing ads on their sites and contextually link-up their pages, making it incredibly easy for their customers to discover and consume products on the Amazon store and elsewhere, thereby monetizing their traffic better. The Publisher Central portal is used worldwide and is a single stop dashboard for our publishers to create, visualize and enhance their ad business across device categories.
We are looking for talented managers who enjoy ideating new features, product definitions, creative algorithms, helping build large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experience products working closely with product/program management, marketing and site merchandising, and company leaders to successfully go from early-stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic visionary and can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, fast-paced collaborative environment. Having prior leadership experience managing people is a must and experience in the online industry is a great plus.
As a Software Dev Manager working in the Publisher Experience team, you will be responsible for
a) Driving the next set of features that need to be built out on our ad platform that will bring more revenue to Amazon. Your work will include doing research on existing advertising products, analyzing data on traffic patterns, feature gap analysis, prioritizing features in an incremental way.
b) You will also be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time and working with other software teams in order for the feature to launch. You will be responsible for clarifying use cases, requirements and milestones.
c) You will be responsible for mentoring and managing a highly skilled set of SDEs, and in providing them career growth opportunities.
d) Technical deep dive, architectural skills and bias for action are a must.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must, as is relevant work experience in software development.
- 5+ years of software management and a proven ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases and deciding the right priority.
- Proven ability to architect large scale systems.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Should be able to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Apply online .
Amazon.com offers competitive salary, stock grants,health and other benefits.