Sr. Data Analyst
We combine vast data resources with leading edge predictive modeling techniques to create the most accurate risk models in the industry. The analyst will get customer data, clean and combine it, support pilot testing, and build and document models.
Location: San Francisco, CA
ISO Innovative Analytics (iiA), a unit of ISO, is an insurance solutions company specializing in applying advanced analytic techniques and data management skills to the challenge of accurately assessing risk in the property and casualty insurance industry. Our clients include many of the nation's leading property and casualty insurers.
We combine vast data resources with leading edge predictive modeling techniques to create the most accurate risk models in the industry. Our clients use these models to give them a competitive advantage in executing their marketing, underwriting and pricing strategies. Our market position allows us to dedicate unparalleled time and talent to solving the industry's analytic challenges. The work environment at iiA is fast paced, fun and informal but highly professional. iiA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Acquire data from customers, 3d party data providers, and sources internal to ISO and fulfill all custodial requirements including creating load packages and quality assurance of delivery and load results (distribution analyses, missing values validation, etc.)
- Design, program and execute data management and sanitation activities; geocoding, address standardization, data appending, data subsetting, joins, etc.
- Combine data from multiple sources and augment by creating calculated and derived fields to produce datasets suitable for predictive analytics
- Apply analytic models and related processes to customer datasets to support pilot testing of products and production activities
- Provide ad hoc data services (table extracts, FTP of files, etc.)
- Maintain documentation of all processes and data; maintain metadata
- BS/BA (CS or related field preferred); Master's degree a plus
- Experience in the full data development cycle:
- developing large, complex analytic data (ex. 5+ data sources, 10M+ rows, 100+ columns, multiple appended derived values)
- researching, sourcing and evaluating data for use in creating modeling data
- collaborating with statisticians/modelers during model development through implementation and maintenance
- extensive SQL Server (or equivalent) DBMS skills, including creating and optimizing database ETL processes (ex. SSIS SQL Server packages)
- SQL and SAS programming skills preferred; additional programming experience a plus
- - High level understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning and direct experience providing data support for these activities
- Experience working with geographic and unstructured data (text mining) preferred
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills, attention to detail and excellent documentation skills and ability to coach junior analysts to perform same
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively with team members from highly-technical modeling as well as specialized business areas
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|