Maps Senior Data Scientist
Changing the world is all in a days work at Apple. Join the Maps Data Insights team and use Large Scale Data Mining and Machine Learning for improving Apple Maps.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Changing the world is all in a day’s work at Apple. If you love innovation, here’s your chance to make a career of it. You’ll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
The Maps Data Insights team has an opening for a craftsman skilled in Large Scale Data Mining and Machine Learning for making significant contributions in improving Apple Maps.
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques.
- Expertise in Core Java, Python, Matlab/R.
- Hands on experience with Hadoop and related technologies like Pig and Hive.
- Ability to build and interpret probabilistic models of complex, high-dimensional systems.
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with popular tools and packages like Weka, Lucene etc.
- Ability to build scalable systems to efficiently process and analyze very large data sets.
- Ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data to extract usable information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to research innovative solutions to challenging business/technical problems.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- Ability to explain and present hypotheses and analysis results to a wide audience in a clear and concise manner
The person will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining systems, in parts or in whole, involving the following techniques:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Large Scale Data Mining
- Network Analysis
- Information Retrieval
- Probabilistic Modeling
These skills are required for developing models for identifying patterns and anomalies and for mining structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. The person will get an opportunity to contribute to projects ranging from the ones involving massive datasets to the ones solving small scale but very complex problems using machine learning and probabilistic modeling techniques.
The position will be responsible for:
- Data Collection/identification from existing internal data sources and external/public data sources.
- Analyzing data to build analytical models for solving high-value business problems
- Implementing standard and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing the data.
- Incorporating the algorithms in distributed and parallel software systems.
- Writing infrastructural components of the solutions.
- Working with other engineers, statisticians and managers to help identify viable solutions to business problems and implement end to end analytics solutions.
- Ph.D. in CS, Statistics or related field
- or M.S. in related field with 5+ years experience applying data mining techniques to real business problems.
This job has been filled.