Senior Hadoop Engineer, Machine Learning
Enhance and extend data capture and analytics systems and build systems based on machine learning to build and improve user models based on social signals to predict behavior for advertising.
Location: New York, NY
About this job: We are looking for a senior level engineer with solid experience in large data processing and data science who will:
- Work with our product team and in-house engineers to enhance and extend our data capture and analytics systems.
- Build systems based on machine learning to build and improve user models based on social signals to predict behavior for advertising
- Ensure availability of the systems in production
- Participate in an agile development process, ensuring we work on the most important features and have continuous feedback
- Communicate closely with the rest of the team, sharing discoveries, offering guidance, & accepting feedback
- Have a contagious motivation to build best-of-breed products
- Be a mentor to junior team members
- Make recommendations for best practices and supporting technologies
- Use software engineering best practices to deliver quality software
You love this opportunity, because you:
- Have a history of tackling interesting problems with code
- Possess an innate technical curiosity
- Are detail oriented, organized and thorough
- Are calm under pressure
- Embrace agile/scrum and the advantages it brings to communication, flexibility, and delivering working code
- Recognize that software engineering is often about tradeoffs
Deep experience with Hadoop and other data analytics tools. Experience with natural language processing is preferred. Ad Tech experience is a plus.
- Have on the job experience as a Hadoop engineer
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related field. Masters or more a plus.
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills and a team-oriented mindset.
- Please submit a code sample with your application
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
LocalResponse helps marketers respond to real-time consumer intent. Based in Chelsea NYC, LocalResponse is co-founded by digital advertising pioneers Nihal Mehta (founder ipsh!, sold to Omnicom in 2005 & early investor in Admob), Kathy Leake (co-founder Media6Degrees), and Michael Muse; and is backed by Cava Capital, Vodafone Ventures, Metamorphic Ventures, Extreme Venture Partners, Progress Ventures, Jim Pallotta and others. LocalResponse works with Fortune 500 advertisers such as Audi, Cadbury-Adams, Coca-Cola, Dell, Estee Lauder., FedEx, General Electric, General Mills, General Motors, Hersheys, Kmart, Loews, McDonald’s, Microsoft, NBC-Universal, Verizon, and Walgreens.