Jr. Data Mining Architect
Be a key member on the Objectifi team, work directly with and learn from our Professional Services team, and actively on client engagements.
Location: Toronto, Canada
Duration: 6 month contract position, with subsequent extensions based on performance.
Objectifi prides itself on being more than just a Technology and Management Consulting company. We value our relationships with our clients and our teammates primarily and back that up with the perfect technical solution. Our clients are leading North American Fortune 500 clients across diverse industries. Our workplace is open and collaborative, and a great environment to design leading solutions in. Our offices are located centrally in Toronto, with easy access to highways and public transit.
The Data Mining Architect will be a key member on the Objectifi team. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work directly with and learn from our Professional Services team, and actively on client engagements. The role is also client facing, allowing the candidate to directly work with our Fortune 500 clients.
The selected candidate will be a member of our client engagement teams, providing insights using data mining. The scope of analysis will include large, complex, data sets, for complex marketing and business challenges. Recommendations from this analysis will be included in the solution for the engagement, with the candidate ensuring successful implementation of recommendations.
This position requires approximately 10%-25% (flexible timing) travel to client sites within North America.
- A degree from a Canadian or U.S. University in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Short term travel within North America is required. Candidate must be able to qualify for TN Visa
- 2+ years of data modeling and data analytics experience
- 2+ years of experience with data management and analysis software tools (e.g. R, SQL, SAS)
- 1-2 years of experience in statistics/informatics
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of advanced SQL experience (including Stored Procedures, complex queries)
- Strong theoretical understanding data mining and statistical concepts and technologies
- Experience with CRM and Reporting tools is a plus
- Excellent communicator, including client-facing skills
- Above average attention to detail
- Team player/works well with peers
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Learn and apply leading data mining tools and methodologies
- Gathers, examines, and analyzes sets of data by utilizing statistical applications and techniques
- Analyzes and evaluates model outputs; formulates and tests hypotheses, weighs alternatives, and determines appropriate responses for actionable insights.
- Produces a variety of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Combines analytic methods with advanced data visualizations
- Leads and participates in discussions with client technical representatives
- Develops and present solution alternatives along with recommendations to client stakeholders
- Identifies technical issues and risks and define mitigation approach
- Facilitates/delivers knowledge transfer sessions of designed solutions to client
Email your resume to email@example.com