PURE Entertainment is a newly formed television production and distribution company in search of a Data Scientist that will be responsible for building and leading the businesses analytics operations.
Company: PURE Entertainment
Location: Montreal, Canada
PURE Entertainment is a newly formed television production and distribution company in search of a Data Scientist that will be responsible for building and leading the businesses analytics operations. This role is suited for data visionaries with expertise in data mining, database modeling, sentiment analysis and natural language processing on a commercial basis. The ideal candidate is an experienced data engineer looking for a new adventure and partnership opportunity to build a better television experience.
- Administer analytics and data subsidiary; oversee communications, research and development
- Establish and champion the strategic vision and direction of R&D efforts; work with business owners to map requirements into commercially viable technical solutions
- Set up transparent and efficient R&D infrastructures
- Implement innovative R&D methodologies and schemas; leverage commercial and open source products and technologies
- Deploy best practices, communications and related business procedures
- Marshall resources and determine project objectives
- Create budgets, schedules, staffing and implementation logistics
- Track and deliver projects within budgetary and time requirements
- Generate new creative concepts and research strategies and the tactics that progress those efforts into commercial viability
- Execute multiple projects in development and distribution simultaneously
- Lead external research partner relationships and contract negotiations
- Manage relationships between research personnel and all related business units including technology, production, legal, and human resources
- Supervise internal and external resources and staff time; taking accountability for deadlines, work quality, and overall project success
- Maximize value of research channels
- Extensive experience in data mining, machine learning, statistics, operations research, sociology of language and sentiment analysis applying techniques on a commercial basis
- Scripting language fluency (some not all): HTML5, Python, PHP, C++, Java, Ruby on Rails
- Expertise in: relational databases, SQL, database modeling, data warehousing, distributed computing, algorithms, regression analysis, text mining, natural language processing, information retrieval, statistics, data viz, social media analytics, sentiment analysis and opinion mining
- Working relationships with academic and professional communities; experience managing technical teams
- Knowledge of existing commercial software offerings
- Experience with the Canadian Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Programs
- M.S or Ph.D in a science, engineering or a relevant technical field
Please email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org .
PURE is a nonfiction television production and distribution business based in Montreal, Quebec. The Company produces internationally appealing original TV series for online distribution. Our mission is to develop unique entertainment experiences by creating distinct brands across different genres of content through innovative production, analytics and distribution techniques.