ISO Innovative Analytics develops advanced analytical solutions to challenging problems related to risk and decision-making PnC, Healthcare, and Financial services. Looking for a bright, energetic analytic scientist to help develop our next generation solutions.
Company: ISO Innovative Analytics, part of Verisk Analytics
Location: San Francisco, CA
ISO Innovative Analytics (iiA), a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), develops advanced analytical solutions to challenging problems related to risk and decision-making for our three industry verticals: P&C insurance, healthcare, and financial services. We combine vast data resources with cutting-edge technology to create innovative and technically rigorous solutions.
Verisk Analytics, a NASDAQ100 company, is a leading source of information about risk. We offer risk-assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, risk management, and other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk Analytics helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Verisk Analytics visit www.verisk.com.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Team
The work environment at iiA is both fast paced, fun, and informal and highly professional, challenging and rewarding. We value and recognize excellent work, encourage innovative and creative thinking, yet also emphasize the importance of an appropriate work/life balance.
Our analytic team is comprised of professionals with advanced degrees from a variety of quantitative disciplines, including statistics, mathematics, computer science, actuarial science and economics. This creates an exceptional opportunity for collaboration and growth by drawing upon the knowledge and experiences of a truly diverse and highly skilled team.
About the Position
We are looking for a bright, energetic analytic scientist join us and help develop our next generation solutions. The position is located at our headquarters in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We may also consider locating highly experienced candidates in the Verisk Analytics New Jersey headquarters overlooking Manhattan.
In this position, you will manage all aspects of predictive-modeling projects and be the senior technical resource for those projects. We are looking for your contributions in the following areas:
- Solution Conception: Act as technical expert to recommend innovative solutions.
- Analytic Project Management: Creation and execution of project design and action plans.
- Data Exploration: Leverage skills in handling very large datasets to perform exploratory analysis, construct relevant variables, and perform sample design.
- Model Development and Validation: Serve as technical expert in all aspects of model development, including variable selection, variable transformation and interaction detection, iterative model fitting, validation and performance analysis. Work with business partner to understand and execute needed business diagnostics.
- Model Implementation: Work with business sponsors on specifications for product usage, delivery, and implementation. Occasionally, act as technical resource for production testing.
- Research and Innovation: Identify product enhancements or new offerings based on market trends and needs, technological advancements, or academic research commercial research.
You are passionate, hands on analytic practitioner. You enjoy solving complex problems with minimal direction. You are able to communicate effectively to project teams, as well as senior level business partners. You are able to synthesize technical and business considerations to arrive at optimal decisions. You are effective working independently, but excel as part of a collaborative project team.
To meet these needs, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Graduate degree (Ph.D. preferred) in a quantitative discipline
- 5+ years professional experience building predictive and descriptive statistical models
- Extensive experience with large datasets
- Knowledge and experience with diverse statistical and data mining methods (e.g. – GLM/Regression, Trees, Clustering, PCA, SVM, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical packages such as SAS or R is a must
- Ability to program SAS macros (R functions) is highly desirable
- Understanding of RDBs and interactive SQL programming skills are also highly sought
- Aptitude for picking up new technologies is expected
The ideal candidate will also possess experience handling data from the Property and Casualty (telematics/usage based experience a plus), Healthcare, or Financial Services verticals and will have a sound understanding of the business problems these clients face. Professional certifications which demonstrate this industry knowledge are also a plus.