Software Developer, Machine Learning
Work in our Visual Analytics Group team and contribute to the development of a new product for data discovery and predictive analytics.
Location: Fremont, CA
SGI is seeking a developer in Machine Learning to work in our Visual Analytics Group team and contribute to the development of a new product for data discovery and predictive analytics. The job is located at the SGI Headquarters in Fremont, CA.
The candidate must demonstrate a solid knowledge and proven track record for machine learning development. The solution will include predictive analytics software and tools on SGI scale-up and scale-out servers.
- Develop, maintain and improve functionality by designing and implementing cutting-edge machine learning algorithms and writing code to access other data analytics libraries and platforms (Mahout, Pentaho, etc);
- Design, Develop and Automate test cases as needed to validate machine learning algorithms, and demos for customers;
- Meet project milestones in an iterative and incremental development process;
- Propose new requirements and/or changes based on experience;
- Be able to multi-task effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to work independently within a team environment;
- 5 years of experience writing code to implement advanced statistical algorithms, machine learning, multivariate regression, classification problems, categorization and inference engines, fraud detection, etc;
- Experience in scoring models – churn, response, risk analysis;
- Expertise in C/C++, STL, Java and scripting languages (perl, csh, bash, etc);
- Familiarity with concurrent algorithms and optimization;
- Self-starter with good communication & presentation skills in a fast paced environment with multi-tasking capabilities;
- Familiarity with OLAP, data warehousing, Distributed Data Mining technologies (Spark, HaLoop, Twister, etc), statistical packages – R is highly preferred, SAS acceptable;
- Experience with Big Data – Hadoop, NoSQL technologies, etc;
- Tools like Alpine Data labs, Mahout, MADLib, etc.
- Candidate must possess a Masters/Doctoral Degree in one of the following field: Statistics, computer science, mathematics or information science
Click Apply Online at www.sgi.com/company_info/careers/