MEDai, a LexisNexis Company, is a national leader in the field of data mining, predictive modeling, and clinical analytics solutions for healthcare payers and providers.
Location: Orlando, FL
MEDai, Inc., a LexisNexis Company, is a national leader in the field of data mining, predictive modeling, and clinical analytics solutions for healthcare payers and providers. Utilizing MEDai’s award-winning predictive modeling solutions, clinical analytics expertise, and cutting-edge technology, healthcare stakeholders across the Clinical Integration spectrum are empowered in their drive to improve the quality and cost efficiency of patient and population healthcare delivery.
MEDai currently has an opening for a Research Scientist. The ideal candidate will have passion, ambition, and a vision to play an important role in improving the quality and efficiency of clinical healthcare delivery to patients and patient populations. The ideal candidate will be a team player and also capable of project leadership, have a “can do” attitude, demonstrate “problem solver” capabilities, and possess a solid statistical/ mathematical and/or computer science education and skill-set. The ideal candidate will also have research and/or development experience in machine learning and data mining or modeling “big data” sets. Experience working with claims data in large insurance plans or working with clinicians (physicians, nurses) in clinical settings is a “big plus,” although not a requirement.
- Explore and analyze large medical databases: medical claims, hospital discharges and/or real-time EMR data feeds.
- Research and define variables for analysis and prediction of medical risks
- Evaluate patients’ current and future risk based on claims and non-claims data
- Support daily production tasks that require scientists involvement
- Conduct QA of models’ outcomes and monitor model performance regularly
- Enhance existing predictive models and analytics; and develop new ones
- Develop, implement and validate new predictive modeling algorithms and applications
- Build predictive models and complete various analytical projects
- Provide consultation, training and analysis to clients, account management and sales; deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations as needed
- Provide critical guidance for the development and implementation of models and analytics products
- Suggest/build software tools to streamline the building of models and other analytics
- Work under minimum supervision
Required Skills & Abilities
- Master’s degree required, Ph.D. degree preferred, in quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, data mining, machine learning, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and thorough understanding of some of the following statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms: linear and nonlinear regression, logistic regression, classification, cluster analysis, hypothesis testing, decision trees, CART, CHAID, neural nets, SVM, etc.
- Strong proficiency in SAS, R, or other statistical packages
- Coursework and experience in numerical computing and mathematical software
- Knowledge of database and proficiency using SQL language
- Attention to details
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
Desired Additional Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of .Net framework, C# or C++ or Java
- Experience working in/with large insurance plan and/or clinical setting
- Familiarity with business intelligence system, dashboard reporting, and analytical reporting
Email resumes to Kristin.Rohrer@lexisnexis.com
LexisNexis Risk Solutions (www.lexisnexis.com/risk) is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced analytics, Risk Solutions provides products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading publisher and information provider that serves customers in more than 100 countries with more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|