Data Scientist (13010974)
Be part of a team helping American Express accelerate digital transformation, designing winning applications and developing new Big Data capabilities.
Company: American Express
Location: New York, NY
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. With over 160 years of providing easier, safer and more rewarding experiences for both consumers and businesses, we are working on our company’s next transformation-integrating our traditional businesses ever more thoroughly into the digital universe, while developing new forms of payment and lifestyle services. We have launched innovative partnerships with Facebook and Foursquare, and our employees continue to help us expand and evolve our product set and refine our delivery and distribution systems. In these ways, we aim to build upon our heritage of innovation, adding to the possibilities our network creates for our customers.
Our Risk & Information Management Group forms the backbone of all financial services operations at American Express and has an impact on every aspect of the company globally. Within the organization, our Information Management teams are strategically focused on building global information-based platforms; transforming the way we market information to prospective and current customers through apps, social media, mobile platforms, paid search and SEO; providing robust analytics to develop new digital partnerships and enhance our ecommerce capabilities. If you want to be more than your job, are not afraid of embracing challenges and are passionate about expanding digital capabilities, presence and mind-set within an established, global brand, join our team today!
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a team dedicated to helping American Express accelerate its digital transformation, and you will be challenged with designing winning applications and developing new Big Data capabilities and innovative approaches that will elevate American Express to the forefront of the digital revolution.
- Developing high impact digital strategies that leverage Amex’s unique closed loop and Big Data capabilities.
- Recommending the most relevant American Express products/services or merchant offers which can include explicit Cardmember preferences, location, time, click-stream data, and social media data.
- Develop solutions leveraging social media analytics, clickstream analytics, optimized paid search and/or search engine optimization.
- Mine complex digital behavioral data and transform it into actionable information. Specific projects could include optimizing between hundreds of American Express products, services and communications to show the most appropriate ones when Cardmembers visit www.americanexpress.com
- Intelligently integrating traditional structured data with unstructured data from web and social media.
- Identifying communities within the American Express ecosystem of Cardmembers and Merchants and partner with Marketing teams to devise new marketing strategies.
- Minimum of three years experience in data mining, solutions development, real time testing/learning and improving customers’ experience within digital and offline channels.
- Prior experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, PIG/HIVE/Mahout) required.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining techniques, including regression analysis, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, SVM (support vector machines); also preferred is familiarity with recommendation systems such as collaborative filtering, k-nearest neighbors, association rules, market basket analysis, SVD (singular value decomposition), and matrix factorization methods. Experience with data visualization a plus.
- Familiarity with large-scale graph processing, e.g. graph clustering and link prediction algorithms. Knowledge of probabilistic graph models a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply cutting edge statistical techniques to business problems and to leverage external thinking (from academia and/or other industries).
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem, ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on projects.
- The ability to create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, external constituencies.
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Physical Sciences, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics or related quantitative fields, or M.S. in related advanced quantitative field.
Apply online via Careers Website
jobs.americanexpress.com, search for 13010974
or directly here.