Machine Learning Engineer/Scientific Programmer
Join a team of senior machine learning and data mining scientists, get Big Data experience, and make meaningful contributions to our new platform.
Company: Globys Inc
Location: Seattle, WA
Apply online here.
Open Role: Scientific Programmer on Big Data/Machine-Learning Application in Startup Division
- Join a team of seasoned professionals as we work on productizing data science!
- Gain experience in one of the hottest tech fields out there – Big Data!
- Leverage your development and data science skills and make meaningful contributions on our new platform!
As a Scientific Programmer at Globys, you will work alongside senior machine learning and data mining scientists with experience in combining advanced science with delivering business capabilities at scale in fields such as automatic music identification, human behavior classification, quantum computing, machine vision, and computational drug discovery. You will also work closely with our magnificently talented Java development team. This diverse group of scientists and engineers has come together for the purpose of developing a novel, knock-your-socks-off platform for extracting knowledge from big data. You will help the team quickly productize algorithm prototypes and employ them on data at scale by building infrastructure and efficient tools for big data. You will have the opportunity to contribute to a commercial product.
We’ll fall for you fast if you have (or are):
- Experience with Python, Java, Linux, virtual machines, parallel and distributed computing. You smartly leverage appropriate technologies for your problem-space
- 3+ years coding in a professional environment
- An independent, self-starter, motivated, creative, adaptable, agile: You are passionate about finding ways to make great things happen and thrive in the energy of a start-up environment; you enjoy taking the initiative to map strategies and tasks for new challenges;
- Excellent communications skills: You enjoy collaborating with co-workers of diverse technical expertise, communicate effectively, listen attentively, learn from and teach your peers.
- Quick study: You quickly grasp the essence of a problem and hone in on a solution
Experience that is a definite plus: If you have worked in these areas, we want to talk to you. If you haven’t, you could get the experience here.
- Big data infrastructure: Hadoop, HBase, Pig, NoSQL
- Programming experience with numpy/scipy/pandas Python libraries
- Exposure to machine learning, statistics, data mining, databases, and visualization techniques
- Experience developing in with a Spring framework
Required education and training:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative field. Recent graduates with 1-2 years of work experience are welcome to apply
Are you interested in speaking with us? Please apply! Do you know someone that may be? We welcome your referrals!
Apply online here.
At Globys, we bring together energetic entrepreneurially-minded individuals to build amazing products that people all over the world use. As a team, we’re really excited about what we’re accomplishing. Globys is a profitable, globally admired, engineering-oriented company that is thriving in the very hot telecommunications and mobile analytics space. We’re giving our customers what they need the most – deep insight into their data and software to better tailor their services to meet their customer needs. And, we think that’s really cool!
We’re passionate about creating an environment where people love what they do and who they are doing it with. A place where…
- The CEO knows your name
- The energy and enthusiasm of the team will get you fired up, every day
- Customers (and our customers’ customers) are always top-of-mind
- Elegance in software design and implementation do not take a backseat to shipping under time pressure. Where your craft is just that – your craft
- Hard work is rewarded professionally and financially!