Senior Knowledge Analyst/Lead Knowledge Analyst
Leverage analytics to deliver value to BCG clients, work with case teams, focusing on the analytics components of client deliverables including large data analysis, predictive analytics, data mining and other advanced analysis processes.
Location: Boston, MA
Email to AnalyticsGroupRecruiting@bcg.com .
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 75 offices in 42 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization.
Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
ABOUT BCG CUSTOMER ANALYTICS TEAM:
BCG's Customer Analytics team delivers powerful analytics-based insights, methods, and visualizations designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics value-chain: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative analytics workflows, training colleagues on new methods, and interpreting findings. The Customer Analytics team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area. Customer Analytics team is a core member of a rapidly growing constellation of analytics-focused teams at BCG - collectively, this Analytics Group shares a cross-industry, global, collaborative problem solving approach and a commitment to driving value for BCG clients through the lens of world-class data science.
We are seeking a strong candidate with experience to fill an exciting Lead Knowledge Analyst (LKA) or Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) position within BCG's Customer Analytics team. The level of the position is dependent upon candidate's level and amount of relevant experience. The role provides an opportunity to leverage analytics methodologies to deliver value to BCG's clients in collaboration with case teams. This position will collaborate directly with local and international case teams, focusing on the analytics components of client deliverables including large data analysis, predictive analytics, data mining and other advanced analysis processes. Successful candidates will also collaborate on the analytics platforms and data sets, as well as assist in development of analytics tools and processes.
The field of Analytics is rapidly evolving. The SKA/LKA is responsible for staying current on leading-edge tools and approaches, proactively working with the team lead for Customer Analytics to enhance offerings that deliver competitive advantage to BCG.
The SKA/LKA will:
- Gain a sophisticated understanding and application of Customer Analytics knowledge for case teams
- Work with case teams to deliver original analysis and insights
- Provide thought partnership and expert source know-how to case team
Work with case (and proposal) teams to support client work
- Provides analytical services ranging from specialty tasks (e.g. ETL, data management, script design) to full analytics modules (e.g. customer segmentation or sales territory optimization)
- Provides sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (e.g., innovative graphs and data visualizations, ppt slides, interactive tools, etc.)
- Executes and coordinates complex analytics related requests across regions and Practice Area's
- Establishes credibility with case teams regarding business analytic topics; takes positions and draws conclusions on a range of external and internal issues (full case team integration is possible)
- Supports BCG partners / principals on proposals, leads and other marketing
- Partners with case teams to identify & address critical analytical approaches
- Provides customized knowledge for client work, prepares accurate, well developed documents and charts
- Delivers original analysis and insights to case teams and provides thought leadership
Supports development of analytics components and capabilities
- Develops specialized topic knowledge, including feeding knowledge gleaned from case team support back to the Customer Analytics team (e.g. case debriefing, help with content of Knowledge Management (KM) deck, capturing information from interviews)
- Collaborates on analytics intellectual capital development (e.g. Tier 1s)
- Supports content development including virtual trainings or local Analytics training days
- Maintains proprietary Analytics tools and data sets
- Assists others in navigating the Knowledge network connecting materials / people
- With consultants, collects, synthesizes, analyzes case team learning & inputs into new knowledge products (vignettes, experience)
- Promotes innovation at BCG by recognizing new concepts and assisting in knowledge capture
- Strong work ethic & service-mentality
- Strong codification & development of knowledge
- Ability to build & maintain a strong personal network
- Ability to provide analytical advice
- Ability to multi-task & operate effectively in a matrix organization
- 4-5+ years relevant work experience producing advanced business analyses in industry, academia, or government using industry-standard business analytics tools and data, or 2-3+ years consulting experience.
- Master degree or more preferred. Undergraduate degree in a field linked to statistics, applied mathematics, computer science and engineering, or related field a must
- Effective written & verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple parallel tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and credibility as well as collaborative, team player
- Ability to maintain discretion when needed
- Significant record of directly-relevant analytics experience within a business environment
- Demonstrated analytical expertise, including the ability to synthesize complex data, effectively manage complex analyses, technical understanding of system capabilities and constraints
- Demonstrated expertise to orchestrate analytical insights and facilitate business change
- Autonomous, self starter with a passion for analytics and statistical problem solving
- Practical, tenacious approach to problem solving
- Strong execution in core analytics methods (regression, decision trees, cluster analysis) and tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, R, SPSS)
- Programming or scripting experience a plus (e.g. Python, C#, VBA)
- Good oral and written communication skills (fluency in English is required)
- Leadership and management experience
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service- oriented environment.
- Position will sit in Boston as part of the Knowledge Hub.
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple labor laws and cultures
In applying for this position, you must send your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer