Designing and implementing processes related to predictive / analytical modeling, data mining, and research on large scale, complex data and planning, leading/collaboration with various internal and vendor teams.
Company: JPMorgan Chase Intelligent Solutions
Location: New York, NY or Wilmington, DE
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Senior Modeler will be responsible for designing and implementing processes related to predictive / analytical modeling, data mining, and research on large scale, complex data sets, using statistical, machine learning, graph modeling, text mining and other modern techniques. This individual is also responsible for planning, leading/collaboration with various internal and vendor teams, project managing the lifecycle of an analysis project, and provide periodic updates through presentations and prototype demonstrations. The role will require working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop and plan required analytic projects in response to business needs.
- Develop new predictive / analytical modeling methods and/or tools as required.
- Work with business domain experts and application developers to identify data relevant for analysis.
- Create data definitions for new database file/table development and/or changes to existing ones as needed for analysis.
- In conjunction with data owners and department managers, contribute to the development of data models for analytics.
- Contribute to predictive / analytical modeling architectures, modeling standards, reporting, and data analysis methodologies.
- Contribute to recommendations on predictive / analytical modeling products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development staff, and other stakeholders to integrate data mining results with existing systems.
- Apply quality assurance best practices for predictive modeling/analytics services. Specify the Data Quality standards.
- Adhere to change control and testing processes for modifications to analytical models.
- Identify, Diagnose and Resolve predictive / analytical model performance issues. Monitor predictive / analytical system performance and implement efficiency improvements.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
JPMorgan Intelligent Solutions (JPMIS) is the firm's line of business (LOB) that creates & commercializes solutions based on the firm's information & intellectual property that enable consumers, businesses & governments to make better decisions and achieve their objectives. JPMIS seeks to create significant shareholder value as a standalone LOB and to support the differentiation & performance of the firm overall.
JPMIS seeks to responsibly optimize the use of the firm's proprietary data, deep analytic & technical capabilities, intimate knowledge of and access to individuals, business & government, and leading market share in key financial LOBs.
- 10+ years of working in large and medium project teams, as a contributing member in self-directed roles.
- Strong understanding of predictive / analytical modeling techniques, theories, principles, and practices. Specific experience in more than one of: machine learning, statistical modeling, graph modeling and text mining techniques.
- 5+ years of intensive, recent, experience in developing Analytical models using these techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of data mining / predictive modeling tools such as SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Intensive, recent experience in assessing data needs for specifics analysis projects
- Strong familiarity and experience with data preparation and processing - such as assessment of data quality, new variable creation, variable selection, etc.
- Oriented to machine learning / graph learning, exposure to developing / implementation of algorithms for data mining.
- Ability to conduct research into predictive / analytical modeling issues, practices, and products as required.
- Degree in the fields of computer science, statistics, or operations research. Advanced degrees preferred.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V