Join our team to help build tools for the next evolution in personalized shopping - be a machine learning/statistics professionals who can take research from the lab into the real world.
Location: Cincinnati, OH
This specific role will help build the leading personalization analytics platform powered by the massive amount of transactional data that dunnhumby has become known for.
dunnhumby is looking for a highly talented Senior Data Scientist to join our team to help build tools for the next evolution in personalized shopping. This role is best suited for machine learning or statistics professionals who can take research out of the lab and into the real world.
This person will conduct cutting edge research and development of advanced data mining solutions for leading retailers on a global scale. This role is a great opportunity to incorporate big data (voice, social, clickstream etc.) into modeling solutions that will change how retailers market, assort, price, measure, communicate and ultimately think about their customers.
- Work within advanced analytical teams to prove out and build data models that create the world's most sophisticated one-to-one shopping experience
- Extend our machine learning framework to create true one to one shopping experience for consumers
- Apply state-of-the-art statistical modeling/machine learning and data mining techniques to large amounts of noisy, complex real-world transactional data
- Programming in SAS including Base, STAT and MACROS to perform data manipulation and analysis; using SQL language and SAS to extract data from large databases.
- Conduct custom studies in their entirety, from project inception and design through preparation and the delivery of reports and presentations.
- Distill actionable insights from the analysis to offer client ready business recommendations by identifying meaningful consumer indicators and trends.
- Support the development and launch of new products and services.
- Present analysis and recommendations to our clients.
- Build relationships with key internal and external clients.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Master's degree is preferred - Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Advanced Economics, Statistics or Quantitative Analysis.
- Advanced computer science specializing in machine learning algorithms such as Support Vector Machines, Kohonen Networks, Expectation-Maximization, Naive Bayes, Association rules, Sequence modeling etc.
- Knowledge of other advanced analytical techniques such as, clustering, segmentation and time-series (i.e. regression, forecasting).
- 5 to 10 years of required experience within machine learning or advanced statistical environments
- Ability to understand, manage and navigate large data sets
- SAS and SQL programming experience
Email resumes to Laurence.Wilson.Contractor@us.dunnhumby.com
dunnhumby is the world's leading customer science company. We analyze data and apply new insights from more than 400 million customers across the globe to create better customer experiences and build loyalty. Our insights and strategic process help clients create competitive advantage and enjoy sustained growth. dunnhumby employs more than 2,200 employees in offices throughout Europe, Asia and the Americas, and serves a prestigious list of companies including Tesco, The Kroger Co., Coca-Cola, Macy's, Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo and Shell.
We put genius into making sure our clients and our people get to know and treat their essential customer better than anyone else. We believe our company offers a different way of thinking and a better way to work. Our core values underpin our culture and are embodied in our behavior.
- We put the customer first. We are the voice of the customer. We start with the customer at all times and follow the customer to deliver genius insights and actions for our client's growth and ours.
- We are curious by nature. Our people have an endless appetite to understand, challenge, innovate and learn.
- We share a passion about working together. We are relentless in our positive enthusiasm to give our clients the best advice to make a dramatic difference to their business and ours.
- We work collaboratively and communicate openly with respect and integrity to build trust with one another and our clients.
- These core values - customer first, curiosity, passion and collaboration are the essence of what is and always will be special about dunnhumby.