Big Data/Econometric Internship
A self-motivated, high-energy and organized graduate student with experience in data analysis, statistical analysis, modeling and techniques to assist DFER in an initial build-out and implementation of a robust data-centric political platform and smaller research projects.
Company: Democrats for Education Reform (DFER)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Internship Time Frame: TBD (start immediately)
About Democrats for Education Reform (DFER) Democrats for Education Reform (DFER) is a political action committee with 12 state offices whose mission is to encourage a more productive dialogue within the Democratic Party about the need to fundamentally reform American public education. DFER operates at all levels of government to educate elected officials and to support reform-minded candidates for public office.
Position Outline DFER is searching for a self-motivated, high-energy and organized graduate student with experience in data analysis, statistical analysis, modeling and techniques and who has a high comfort level with quantitative research and methods, data aggregation and data synthesis. The ideal intern will also have an interest in political campaigns and politics. We are searching for someone who will assist DFER in an initial build-out and implementation of a robust data-centric political platform and several smaller research projects. The platform will be used to enhance DFER's strategic planning process and overall tactical efforts. The intern must have strong organizational skills and relentless attention to detail and accuracy.
This is a part-time, paid internship, which we are open to being used for course credit, if agreed upon by your school.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Coursework and experience with statistical techniques
- Experience with data entry and database management
- Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with and access to SPSS / STATA
- A relentless focus on details
- Strong organizational skills
- Technically fluent
- Assist in the building and implementation of a robust data-centric political platform
- Research and synthesize historical and current political data (i.e. fundraising, demographics, vote histories, etc.)
- Utilize and document statistical analysis and modeling surrounding political data
- General data validation and data entry
- Training DFER staff on platform utilization and future data input and database management
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to DFERInternships@gmail.com