Applied Data Scientist
Solve our customer problems, manage the full lifecycle of machine learning and big data solutions, using Graph Analytics, Big Data Analytics and Large-Scale Machine Learning.
Company: Intel Corporation
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Apply online for position 721293.
Graph Analytics Operations within Intel Labs fashions products that address the challenges of Big Data Analytics and Large-Scale Machine Learning. We bring to the table disruptive technologies that deliver transformative software and hardware capabilities that will revamp datacenter operations and enrich user experience.
As an Applied Data Scientist you will become one with your customers; their problems will become yours, and your creative application of machine learning will allow you to become their solutions superhero. Your machine learning skills must always be cutting edge and ready to deploy when a customer's call for help is heard. You and your action team will work diligently to cut a swath through customer obstacles, clearing the path for their business success and driving enhancements into our own software and hardware. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of machine learning and big data solutions, from receipt of data to final model reports.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding team-oriented environment
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum qualifications and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
- Must have at least a MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or similar science/engineering discipline
- Minimum 4 years of post-graduate experience in the development of commercial machine learning solutions and/or the design and implementation of analytic algorithms
- Minimum 4 years of post-graduate experience with developing client-driven solutions and/or applications to real-world large dataset problems including:
- Data cleansing and profiling using scripting languages; preferably Python
- Development of features based on client input and domain research
- Selection and development of models using a variety of techniques and toolsets
- A PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or similar science/engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience with the development and delivery of client-facing Big Data solutions
- 2+ years of experience in functional and object-oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java, C#, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with the design and implementation of large-scale parallel algorithms using frameworks (e.g., MapReduce, parallel databases, MPI, etc.)
Apply online for position 721293, Applied Data Scientist.
Top Stories Past 30 Days