Advanced Data Mining Engineer StubHub
Seeking an incredibly smart and highly motivated problem solver to address marketplace trust issues with big data analytics; work with a team of scientists, technologists, and engineers to improve the customer experience.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Stubhub is seeking an incredibly smart and highly motivated problem solver to address marketplace trust issues with big data analytics. As a Trust Sciences Advanced Data Mining Engineer, you will work with a team of scientists, technologists, and engineers to better the customer experience and maintain StubHub's leadership position in the live events landscape.
As a Trust Science Advanced Data Mining Engineer, you will use advanced database engineering techniques and transformations to mine complex data stores for relevant correlations and trends. The StubHub Trust Science team's primary goal is to provide predictive analytics to mitigate marketplace risk and increase consumer trust in our marketplace. You must be passionate about finding insights from gargantuan quantities of data, and using database engineering capabilities to identify risk trends and bad actors. You should have a strong background in SQL, ETL, and working with large datasets
The successful Trust Science Data Scientist candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Design and Develop directed data mining analyses that achieve business objectives.
- Create and Support intuitive reporting and dashboards that illuminate trend insights.
- Build complex pivoting, and transformation logic that will scale to terabytes of data and beyond.
- Use Map-Reduce frameworks such as Hadoop and Hive, and scripting languages like Python.
- Write and interpret complex SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data mining purposes.
- Communicate findings and make suggestions to product, engineering, and management teams.
- Analyzing data sets and business problems to make informed business recommendations.
- Presenting data and associated analysis within meaningful ways and appropriate granularity.
- Retrieving and manipulate data from both internal and external sources.
The applicant should already possess a mastery of SQL for data extraction, and can apply ETL tools and scripts to transform data into experimental platforms. Abundant growth opportunities will be available for the right candidate.
Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Requisition ID 90500BR-1
Top Stories Past 30 Days