Sr Data Miner/Predictive Modeler
Support our high-tech client in their Marketing Organization, develop analytical models across the enterprise, using SAS, to discover trends to help management make more informed business decisions.
Company: BIS Consulting Inc. (long-term contract at high-tech company in Silicon Valley)
Location: San Jose, CA
Holly Manzano, email: email@example.com, 408-945-1127
Great opportunity to work at a well respected, leading technology company in Silicon Valley! The person hired for this role will support our high-tech client in their Marketing Organization and will report to the Analytics Director. The Senior Data Miner/Predictive Modeler is responsible for developing various analytical models using a variety of data sources (marketing, sales, customer, web) across the enterprise, using SAS, to discover trends, patterns, or correlations that will assist marketing managers to make informed business decisions.
- Data mining existing customer information from various data sources to enable response modeling, segmentation, profitability, and conversion modeling.
- Coding, testing, and implementing strategies within the deployment environment, ensuring that the proper controls, documentation, and signoffs are in place to manage/monitor model performance.
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to understand the end-to-end process and incorporate the perspective of subject matter experts into the acquisition strategies.
- Identifying process improvements to further improve data collection, quality, and management to further optimize analytic results.
- Building presentations to summarize and present key messages to senior management sponsors.
- Reviewing dashboards, analyses, and recommendations with key stakeholders and ensuring understanding of results and goals achievement.
- Bachelors Degree (Masters Degree preferred) in a quantitative field: business, math, economics, finance, statistics, science, or engineering.
- 10 years+ work experience in Analytics roles performing data mining, quantitative analysis, and statistical modeling.
- Large-enterprise experience as well as 3+ years of experience in the high-tech industry is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and limitations of various statistical models.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to understand their business questions and objectives, to explain your analytic approach to non-statisticians, and to effectively convey results and make recommendations using appropriate data visualization, reporting, and analyses.
- Expert SQL and SAS knowledge (SAS Enterprise Miner experience preferred).
The person selected for this role will be hired as a W2 employee (or 1099 consultant, if preferred) of our company, BIS Consulting, Inc., and will work onsite at our high-tech Client's location in North San Jose. Contract duration is 12 months+.