Work on a wide range of projects, using everything from recommendation engines to user segmentation and clustering, and make an impact on how manufacturers, auto dealers, and consumers interact.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Edmunds.com is looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our machine learning team. We have a wide range of projects utilizing everything from recommendation engines to user segmentation and clustering. We are committed to building a world class team that will create disruptive technologies in the automotive space. If you are interested in having an impact on how manufacturers, automotive dealers, and consumers interact, this is the job for you.
Our ideal candidate will be able to approach problems from a strong theoretical perspective and craft practical solutions. You will have either built production products from the ground up or have had extensive research experience with substantial data sets. You have a passion for leveraging data to solve real problems and see yourself as a craftsman focused on delivering high quality scalable solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize our new Hadoop and Netezza powered data warehouse infrastructure to build a suite of products designed to empower the automotive consumer
- Provide thought leadership in applying data to solve some of our thorniest problems
- Design and implement solutions that our product teams can leverage to provide novel new features to our customers
What You Need:
- An extensive background in machine learning and data mining techniques
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science, or Machine Learning related field, or a BS with experience
- Expertise in R, SAS or other scientific computing languages
- Proficiency in Python, Ruby, or other scripting languages
- Proficiency in Java or other structured languages
Working at Edmunds:
At Edmunds.com we're driven to make car buying easier. As one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting edge technology.
A few of the perks:
- Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) - work whenever you want from wherever you want, as long as the work gets done
- Competitive pay + fantastic benefits including 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?)
- Flexible Time Away From Work - take what you need; as long as your work gets done, you can take any reasonable amount of time off - with pay, of course. Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we've been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 4 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you're interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!
Top Stories Past 30 Days