Vice-President, Marketing Analytics & Business Intelligence
Collaborate with the executive leadership and be responsible for building, leading and growing an advanced, competitive analytics and business intelligence function.
Company: Progressive Business Publications (PBP)
Location: Malvern, PA
MULTI-DIVISION INFORMATION COMPANY
Continually profitable, privately-owned, mid-sized B2B information provider, known for being innovative and empowering key people, seeks enterprising VP of Marketing Analytics & BI with top caliber record of results. Will report to and partner with the CEO and collaborate with the executive leadership team in this high impact role, and be responsible for building, leading and growing an advanced, competitive analytics and business intelligence function. This role is critical for us to achieve our objective of transforming into a data-driven marketing analytics, CRM and big data leader.
The incumbent will drive growth, sales and marketing strategy via the utilization of data science to make insightful recommendations, segment and target customers, and have a substantial impact on increased profitability. Accountable for "unleashing the power of data" to optimize customer acquisition and retention, and improve the customer experience.
- Develops strategic vision for and leads a best-in-class marketing analytics and business intelligence function that successfully drives strategic growth.
- Generates revenue by:
- Leading the design and development of analytical initiatives designed to understand key business behaviors that drive customer acquisition, retention and engagement.
- Identifying opportunities to develop forecasts, statistical models, segmentation schemes, and data-driven analyses to drive marketing and merchandising efforts around customer acquisition and conversion.
- Integrates web analytics into transactional and customer analytics.
- Propels our achievement of world-class, "new age" data science expertise and implementation while demonstrating a flexible, resilient approach.
- Quickly establishes creditability through vision, thought leadership, technical expertise and accompanying results.
- Opportunity for P&L responsibility.
- 8-10 years' outstanding experience in the successful use of advanced analytical technologies for business decision-making and marketing applications. Distinguished business performance in leading the data analytics or business intelligence related function for a publishing or information industry organization, or major division of a larger entity, including responsibility for P&L of multi-million dollar operations and achievement of established profit margins and other business objectives.
- Credible subject matter expert in data science and business intelligence with expert abilities to:
- Utilize data and customer data insights to formulate campaign strategies and marketing messaging that is relevant and personal to granular customer segments.
- Interpret multi-source data into insights that lead to profitable business actions.
- Incorporate the use of statistical analysis, segmentation, data mining, predictive modeling, market research and testing.
- Senior management level experience in an entrepreneurial business environment that achieved significant growth through innovative practices, products and services.
- Proven analytic and creative decision maker with "business builder" mindset and ability to prioritize, communicate and galvanize others around objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
Company Information and Key Assets:
Progressive Business Publications (PBP) is an innovative and entrepreneurial company with a track record of growth and financial stability. During the past decade we've successfully launched several new, significant businesses.
- A dream situation for one with an entrepreneurial mindset who welcomes a values-based environment, free of large-company bureaucracy and public company need for a quarter-to-quarter financial mentality. Solid private company with no debt that thinks long-term and empowers key people.
- Customer base. Comprehensive B2B managerial customer base with over 150,000 active customers including virtually all the Fortune 1000. We have an enormous reservoir of data on our customers.
- Extensive library of content. An unmatched reservoir including executive reports, white papers, newsletters, audio conferences, webinars, e-learning and much, much more.
- Fully-owned telemarketing call centers. The industry's largest, best-performing in-house call center operation.
- Comprehensive measurement system. Built on timely and effective quantitative measurements. Accountability, knowledge, objectivity and fairness dominate. Has led to a high-performance culture and results.
- Highly effective infrastructure. Enables us to process large amounts of orders and data efficiently, effectively and responsibly.
- Our history is "Built to Last" (vs. "built to flip"). This creates unusual stability and long-term employee opportunities.
PBP provides excellent benefits, strong wealth accumulation via our bonus program, rich 401(k) match, profit sharing and education support, as well as unique perks. Our non-political culture fosters merit-based growth and advancement for our staff.
This position is located in Malvern, PA, an upscale suburb of Philadelphia.
To learn more about our company please visit our website: www.pbp.com as well as our philanthropy site: www.progressivebusinesspublicationsphilanthropy.com .
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN THE PHILADELPHIA, PA REGION.
If this is an opportunity that intrigues you, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining how you think your background aligns with our business to: firstname.lastname@example.org .