Sr. Big Data Engineer / Architect
Looking for a talented, energetic individual with demonstrated excellence in delivering robust solutions based on leading-edge technologies in the field of big data analytics.
Location: Blue Bell, PA (outside Philadelphia)
BehaviorMatrix (www.behaviormatrix.com) is a digital media analytics company that applies proprietary emotional & behavioral analysis to big data in order to provide advertisers, product managers, investors, and parents, unique insights into brands, products, and other topics.
Enjoy being challenged and solving complex problems?
Do you have experience working with large-scale distributed systems?
Interested in working with emerging technologies?
We are looking for a talented, energetic individual with demonstrated excellence in delivering robust solutions based on leading-edge technologies in the field of big data analytics. You should have experience working with very large, distributed, high-performance systems from design through implementation.
- Explore billions of records - develop and optimize algorithms to run in real-time / near real-time.
- Work with our Data Scientists and Application Development teams to turn research into products.
- Develop and implement algorithms for distributed and parallel analytics.
- Stay up-to-date w/research & innovative 3rd party products addressing storage & analysis of large datasets.
- Develop distributed/parallel solutions for analytics and visualization of structured & unstructured data sets.
- Design test cases to evaluate performance of parallel/distributed algorithms.
- Improve scalability performance of existing storage and analytics solutions.
- BS in Computer Science or related field and proven hands-on coding skills
- 6-8 years of experience in commercial software development with the last 2 years working with large-scale distributed systems and very large data sets
- Strong programming experience in Java, Python, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting
- Deep knowledge in developing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Solr / ElasticSearch, Hbase / CouchDB are a must
- Familiarity / some working experience with Twitter Storm, Redis, ZooKeeper, Mahout, and Celery a plus
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast paced environment with limited guidance.
- An eye for quality and a willingness to do what is necessary to achieve deadlines in a dynamic environment with frequent priority changes is required.
- Able to work efficiently in teams and/or as an individual
- Good oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
In the body of your e-mail, explain briefly why you believe you are a great fit for this opportunity. In addition, please state your salary expectations.
BehaviorMatrix is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BehaviorMatrix via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from BehaviorMatrix HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of BehaviorMatrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BehaviorMatrix as a result of the referral or through other means.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|