Join a rapidly growing leader in Big Data Emotional Analytics; we apply cutting-edge paradigms in computing, novel and fundamental scientific discoveries, and powerful algorithmic tools to measure and use the emotional signals in digital media.
Location: Blue Bell, PA (outside Philadelphia)
BehaviorMatrix is a rising leader in Big Data Emotional Analytics: we are a rapidly growing company applying cutting-edge paradigms in computing, novel and fundamental scientific discoveries, and powerful algorithmic tools to measure and use the emotional signals expressed in a wide variety of digital media.
We address clients' needs on a wide variety of fascinating business questions from the consumer goods sector, pharmaceuticals, politics, government, and elsewhere. As we undergo expansion, we are looking for the best and brightest to help advance our science, proprietary methodologies and ideas into functioning products.
A strong candidate for a Data Scientist at BehaviorMatrix would be highly interdisciplinary in their qualifications. Experience in data mining, maching learning, statistics, business analytics, and computational linguistics would be invaluable resources - and a background in theory (Mathematics, Computer Science, Psychology, etc.) as well as practice would position them to participate in the kind of cutting-edge R&D that maintains our competitive edge.
Individuals with programming experience in Python, R, Sage, Java, Hadoop, MapReduce, and/or GPGPU would be best equipped to jump right into BehaviorMatrix's exciting research environment, but their flexibility, ability to acquire programming languages, and openness to new paradigms in computation are more important than any particular skill. Ideal candidates would come from academic settings (postdoctoral researchers or research faculty looking to move into industry), research institutes (national laboratories, science/technology think tanks, etc.), or advanced tech industry research environments.
- You have hands-on experience applying appropriate techniques and tools in Machine Learning, NLP, large-scale data transformation & analysis, and Semantic Web concepts to create revolutionary products
- MS / PHD in a related field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics) with a high degree of mathematical / statistical aptitude and proven hands-on coding skills
- Experience working with and applying Neural Networks, LDA, SVM, and Clustering algorithms
- Experience with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, ZooKeeper, hBase and CouchDB are highly desirable
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast paced environment with limited guidance.
- An eye for quality and a willingness to do what is necessary to achieve deadlines in a dynamic environment with frequent priority changes is required.
- Able to work efficiently in teams and/or as an individual
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Reports directly to the Sr. VP - Research & Development
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com. In the body of your e-mail, explain briefly why you believe you are a great fit for this opportunity. In addition, please state your salary expectations.
BehaviorMatrix is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BehaviorMatrix via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from BehaviorMatrix HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of BehaviorMatrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BehaviorMatrix as a result of the referral or through other means.