Big Data ETL Developer
Big Data and Data Mining is impacting Bosch products and services in Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, and many other areas. We expect our team of data scientists and software engineers to grow rapidly, so come join us!
Company: Bosch Research and Technology Center
Location: Palo Alto, CA
About the Data Mining Service Center at Bosch North America:
The Data Mining Service Center at Bosch provides Data Mining and Big Data services to Bosch's business units and plants. The center works in collaboration with a large team of researchers, engineers, and software service providers. Our data mining methods and solutions are implemented in a distributed architecture and run on our HPC cluster in order to scale up to Big Data sets.
Data Mining is impacting Bosch's products and services in many domains: Purchasing, Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, Large-Scale Simulations, etc. This is a technical position for someone who is skilled at bringing together disparate technologies to solve business problems and represents a unique opportunity for you to grow with us. Our team of data scientists and software engineers in Palo Alto will grow rapidly in the next couple of years. Therefore, now is the perfect time for you to join and make an impact with your passion to innovate!
- Design, develop, test, deploy and automate ETL solutions.
- Leverage OTS ETL tools (e.g. Pentaho, Informatica) and create custom ones to load and transform data from various structured and non-structured data sets
- Consolidate different data structures that have evolved over time
- Profile different data sources., identify data anomalies, and possible fixes
- Scale up solutions in distributed programming frameworks such as MapReduce
- Work closely with Data Scientist /Data Research Engineers
- Thorough and continuous documentation
- Communication with various levels of management and technical staff
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server), ETL (e.g., Pentaho, Informatica), and data modeling
- 2+ years of experience in Java and scripting languages
- Experience with Hadoop workflows and MapReduce is a plus
- Experience in Python, Pig, Scala, Sqoop or Flume is desirable
- Experience in working with manufacturing or machine data is a plus
- Experience in working with software developers and data analysts is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and enthusiastic about learning new tools & technologies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
This job has been closed.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.