ETL and Big Data Architect
Big Data and Data Mining is impacting Bosch products and services in many other areas, so come and join our rapidly growing team of data scientists and software engineers.
Company: Bosch Research and Technology Center
Location: Palo Alto, CA
About the Data Mining Service Center at Bosch North America:
The Data Mining Service Center at Bosch provides Data Mining and Big Data services to Bosch's business units and plants. The center works in collaboration with a large team of researchers, engineers, and software service providers. Our data mining methods and solutions are implemented in a distributed architecture and run on our HPC cluster in order to scale up to Big Data sets.
Data Mining is impacting Bosch's products and services in many domains: Purchasing, Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, Large-Scale Simulations, etc. This is a technical position for someone who is skilled at bringing together disparate technologies to solve business problems and represents a unique opportunity for you to grow with us. Our team of data scientists and software engineers in Palo Alto will grow rapidly in the next couple of years. Therefore, now is the perfect time for you to join and make an impact with your passion to innovate!
- Translate business needs into technical solutions
- Provide the framework for positioning Big Data including structured data, un-structured data, and machine learning algorithms
- Extension of our Hadoop-based infrastructure
- Database administration and building a data warehouse.
- Programming with MapReduce
- Review/test ETL code written by other's for critical feedback
- Thorough and continuous documentation
- Communication with various levels of management and technical staff.
- Some travel may be required.
- Expert-level knowledge (5+ years) of database systems (Oracle or SQL Server; Mongo, or other NoSQL experience is a plus)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce Programming Paradigm, HBase, Pig, Hive, Sqoop) and/or key-value store technologies such as Cassandra
- Experience with ETL tasks
- Proven client facing experience supporting customers and providing technical leadership
- Experience with manufacturing data is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and enthusiastic about learning new tools & technologies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
This job has been closed.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.