Senior Software Engineer – Analytics
The Data Mining Service Center at Bosch provides Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data services to many Bosch business units, including Purchasing, Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, and Large-Scale Simulations.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
About the Data Mining Service Center at Bosch North America:
The Data Mining Service Center at Bosch provides Data Mining and Big Data services to Bosch's business units and plants. The center works in collaboration with a large team of researchers, engineers, and software service providers. Our data mining methods and solutions are implemented in a distributed architecture and run on our HPC cluster in order to scale up to Big Data sets.
Data Mining is impacting Bosch's products and services in many domains: Purchasing, Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, Large-Scale Simulations, etc. This is a technical position for someone who is skilled at bringing together disparate technologies to solve business problems and represents a unique opportunity for you to grow with us. Our team of data scientists and software engineers in Palo Alto will grow rapidly in the next couple of years. Therefore, now is the perfect time for you to join and make an impact with your passion to innovate!
- Leverage our existing Big Data stack to design and develop scalable analytics software
- Integrate statistical models with data base back-ends using industry standards such as PMML
- Create and implement a data-processing pipeline on top of our Big Data stack
- Manage the automation of the data ETL processes
- Test driven development & thorough and continuous documentation
- Communication with various levels of management and technical staff
- Involvement in analyzing and understanding business requirements
- Some travel may be required.
- Masters degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering with a thorough understanding of system architectures, schemas, and software design principles
- 3+ years of experience using distributed computing frameworks and tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, and , MongoDB,.
- Demonstrated success in building web services and developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience in working with data scientists is a plus
- Familiarity with UNIX-based operating systems and tools.
- Experience in working with manufacturing or machine data is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and enthusiastic about learning new tools & technologies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
This job has been closed.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|