Responsible for executing technical analytics that deliver valuable insights to BCG clients in collaboration with BCG case teams.
Company: Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Location: Boston, MA
ABOUT BCG ADVANCED ANALYTICS TEAM:
The Boston Consulting Group is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. BCG is a private company with 80 offices in 43 countries.
BCG's Advanced Analytics team delivers powerful analytics-based insights designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics valuechain: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative analytics workflows, training colleagues in new methodologies, and interpreting findings for our clients. The Advanced Analytics team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area. It is a core member of a rapidly growing Analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by bringing leading edge analytics approaches.
We are seeking a strong candidate with advanced analytics experience to fill a technical Knowledge Analyst (KA) position within BCG's Advanced Analytics team. The role will be responsible for executing technical analytics that deliver valuable insights to BCG's clients in collaboration with BCG case teams. When teaming with local and international case teams, the KA will ensure data and analysis are high quality and deployed with sound business sense. The KA will also assist Analytics colleagues in the development of advanced analytics platforms and data sets, tools and processes, including topics such as network analysis, cluster detection and spatio-temporal data management.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with case (and proposal) teams
- Delivers original analysis and insights to case team, provides thought partnership
- Partners with case teams to identify & address critical knowledge needs in analytical approaches to problem solving
- Provides customized analytical insights for client work, prepares accurate, well developed documents and charts
- With consultants, collects, synthesizes, analyzes case team learning & inputs into new best practices and methodologies
Work with topic and sector teams
- Builds and updates new topic- and sector-related analytics products
- Collaborates on PA intellectual capital development such as Tier 1 investments
- Assures proper sign-off before uploading materials into Knowledge Management; sanitizes confidential client content in marketing documents
- Develops topic and sector content related to analytics case work or Practice Area meetings and trainings
- Undergraduate degree in a field linked to business analytics, statistics or geo-statistics, operations research, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related field is required; advanced degree is preferred
- Strong work ethic and service-mentality
- Developing expertise in the affiliated Practice Areas (e.g. Operations, Marketing)
- Strong codification and development of knowledge
- Starting to grow an industry network
- Ability to provide analytical advice
- Ability to multi-task and operate effectively in a matrix organization
- Solid knowledge in a topic/sector domain
- Solid analytical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple parallel tasks
- Strong interpersonal, credibility
- Collaborative, team player
- Ability to maintain discretion when needed
Experience with multiple analytics methods (one or more preferred)
- Data management skills (e.g. data modeling, data integrity QA/QC, database administration)
- Geospatial data visualization and analytics (specialties such as cluster detection or geostatistical methods)
- Spatio-temporal analysis (cartographic animation of time-series data)
- Network analysis (location-allocation, travelling sales person, vehicle routing problem)
- Predictive modeling (logistic regression, linear regression, etc.)
Familiarity with analytics tools (one or more preferred)
- Advanced Excel
- SQL, including geospatial types and functions - R, SAS, SPSS
- GIS toolkits (ESRI, Quantum GIS, MapInfo or similar)
- ESRI Network Analyst, RouteSmart, RoadNet or similar
- Tableau a plus
- GPS data analysis a plus
Programming and/or scripting experience preferred (e.g. Python, Perl, C#, VBA, Java)
Familiarity with any of the following a strong plus
- Network analytics
- Optimization (linear programming, heuristic, etc.)
- Fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
- Position is located in Boston, in the Center for Knowledge & Analytics.
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and CV's to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|