Senior Knowledge Analyst
All aspects of advanced analytics, from helping to create relevant service offerings to executing analytics work and continuing to expand the analytical foundation and competitive value proposition.
Company: Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Location: Boston, MA
ABOUT BCG ADVANCED ANALYTICS TEAM:
The Boston Consulting Group is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. BCG is a private company with 80 offices in 43 countries.
BCG's Advanced Analytics team delivers powerful analytics-based insights designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics valuechain: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative analytics workflows, training colleagues in new methodologies, and interpreting findings for our clients. The Advanced Analytics team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area. It is a core member of a rapidly growing Analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by bringing leading edge analytics approaches.
We are seeking a strong candidate with advanced analytics experience to fill an exciting Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) position within BCG's Advanced Analytics team. The role provides an opportunity to leverage analytics methodologies to deliver value to BCG's clients in collaboration with case teams. The SKA will be involved in all aspects of advanced analytics, from helping to create relevant service offerings by working with priority global Practice Areas, to executing analytics work and continuing to expand the analytical foundation and competitive value proposition.
The SKA will collaborate directly with local and international case teams focusing on the analytics components of client deliverables from providing expertise on methodology, help scoping and workplanning, execute, and ultimately create a knowledge base to advance BCG Analytics capabilities. As the field of advanced analytics is rapidly evolving, the SKA is responsible for staying current on leading-edge business applications, tools and approaches, proactively working with the Advanced Analytics Leadership to enhance offerings that deliver competitive advantage to BCG.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with case teams
- Delivers Advanced Analytics case work and high quality outcomes
- Provides perspective on work execution and process efficiency to analytics project lead.
- Communicates and delivers analytics results to Case Team members
Work with proposal teams
- Builds new Advanced Analytics service offerings that grow our portfolio of products
- Supports the creation of proposal/selling documents
- Provides perspective on relevant Analytics value propositions
Work with topic/sector teams
- Executes and drives the development of Advanced Analytics knowledge initiatives, products and services
- Captures proprietary content as well as analytics insights to the knowledge infrastructure
- Upholds the quality of knowledge captured & standardizes processes
Analytics team activities
- Raises issues arising from case and proposal work
- Fills Advanced analytics gaps and supports knowledge initiatives
- Participates in the creation of the Advanced Analytics knowledge agenda
- 3+ years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions, or 2+ years consulting experience.
- Undergraduate degree in a field linked to business analytics, statistics or geo-statistics, operations research, geography, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related field is required; advanced degree is preferred
- Autonomous, self starter with a passion for analytics and problem solving
- Practical, tenacious approach to problem solving
- Strong work ethic & service-mentality
- Strong codification & development of knowledge products
- Ability to provide analytical advice to laymen
- Ability to multi-task & operate effectively in a matrix organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple parallel tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and credibility as well as collaborative, team player
- Ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships
- Ability to maintain discretion when needed
- Demonstrated analytical expertise, including the ability to synthesize complex data
- Experience in core analytics methods (one or more of the following):
- Statistics (t-tests, ANOVA, ...), variable reduction (FA, PCA, ...)
- Segmentation/clustering techniques
- Geographic cluster recognition and manipulation techniques
- Predictive modeling: e.g. logistic regression, linear regression, ...
- Network analysis (location-allocation, travelling sales person, vehicle routing problem)
- Time series analysis: e.g. ARIMA, VAR, etc.
- Machine learning: e.g. LCA, Random Forest, neural networks, ...
- Spatio-temporal analysis
- Time series analysis (ARIMA, VAR, etc.)
- Text mining & unstructured data analytics
- Simulation: e.g. MC, dynamic, discrete event, ...
- Optimization: e.g. linear programming, heuristic, ...
- Familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools (one or more of the following):
- Data management: e.g. Excel, SQL, PostGRESql, Hadoop/Hive, Alteryx, ...
- Analytics platforms: e.g. SAS, R, RapidMiner, SPSS, ...
- Data visualization: e.g. Tableau, ...
- GIS toolkits (ESRI, Quantum GIS, MapInfo or similar)
- ESRI Network Analyst, RouteSmart, RoadNet or similar
- GPS data analysis a plus
- Programming and/or scripting experience: e.g. Python, C#, VBA, Java, Perl, ...
- Experience building analytical solutions for (one or more of the following):
- Pricing and promotional effectiveness
- Delivery fleet consolidation
- Loyalty program effectiveness
- Network real estate reorganization
- Customer segmentation and targeting
- Delivery footprint/territory expansion (or reduction)
- Customer LTV maximization
- Cost modeling of transportation & logistics operations
- Churn prevention
- Others a plus
- Project management skills
Client Services skills
- Business value focus
- Experience with 80/20 approaches
- Effective oral and written communication skills (fluency in English is required)
- Can operate effectively in a matrix organization
- Business acumen
- Strong presence and strong collaborator and leadership skills (LKA only)
- Fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
- Position is located in Boston, in the Center for Knowledge & Analytics.
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer