QCRI: Scientist, Advanced Computing for Development
Work on our Data for Development and Resilience projects with the UN, Rockefeller Foundation and the World bank.
Company: QCRI, Qatar Computing Research Institute
Location: Doha, Qatar
Contact: Patrick Meier, firstname.lastname@example.org
My team and I at QCRI are urgently seeking to recruit someone with a PhD (or near completion) to join our Social Innovation team in Doha. The person in question will work on our Data for Development & Resilience projects with the United Nations, Rockefeller Foundation and the World bank. She or he will focus on developing methods to identify socio-economic signals from non-traditional data sources, particularly social media and call data records.
Requirements (somewhat ranked):
- PhD and a strong track record
- Experience in acquiring and processing social media data (call data record a plus)
- Experience in using machine learning and statistical methods for data analysis
- Publications in top tier venues, not necessarily in core computer science
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Experience in using scripting language for text processing
- Experience in working in a Linux environment
- Ideally experience in working in an interdisciplinary team with domain experts
- Ideally experience in working with text in non-Latin alphabets
General "tags": Web mining, social media analysis, call data record analysis, computational social science
QCRI offers highly competitive compensation including attractive tax-free salary and additional benefits such as free & furnished accommodation, excellent medical insurance, 6+ weeks of annual paid leave, etc.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com and include "Social Innovation Application" in the subject header.
Top Stories Past 30 Days