Work on analyzing and mining large amount of healthcare data, designing studies, developing models and addressing corporate reporting needs.
Location: Los Angeles
Catasys provides specialized behavioral health management services to health plans, employers and unions through a network of licensed and company managed health care providers. Catasys' integrated program, OnTrak is designed to address substance dependence as a chronic disease as well as other identified client issues such as stress, depression, anxiety, smoking cessation, and weight management. The program seeks to lower costs and improve member health through the delivery of integrated medical and psychosocial interventions in combination with long term care coaching and online tools to aid members in improving their overall health.
The Data Scientist is a key member of Analytics and Reporting department. The Analytics and Reporting department is responsible for analyzing and mining large amount of data, designing studies, developing models and addressing corporate reporting needs.
- Perform data extraction, validation and cleaning of large data sets
- Perform exploratory analysis of big data
- Develop routine and ad-hoc reports to address corporate reporting needs, in particular for Sales and Marketing and Operations
- Help in streamlining corporate reporting infrastructure
- Apply statistics to design studies and answer business questions
- Synthesize results of the analyses, make recommendations and help in presenting the findings
- Research and develop statistical models for ongoing operational needs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related quantitative discipline
- At least 5 years of related working experience. Health care experience is not required but considered a plus.
- Experience in data manipulation, data mining, data visualization, statistical programming, modeling and reporting
- Mastering a statistical package such as R or S+ or proficiency in Python
- Knowledge of Java or Perl is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop is a big plus
The successful candidate works closely with Catasys Research, Sales and Marketing and IT staff. This position reports to the VP of Analytics and Reporting.
For additional information please contact:
Director of Recruitment/HR
Top Stories Past 30 Days