Schwab: Analytics Senior Manager
Partner with business teams to understand objectives and scope analytical projects that deliver insights and results; work in a cross-functional manner with other consultants, analysts, statisticians, data engineers, and external vendors to deliver insights and solutions.
Company: Charles Schwab
Location: Englewood, CO or San Francisco, CA
Interested candidates apply online here.
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity, we're committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
Our Analytics Insight & Loyalty group (AI&L) supports multiple business units across Schwab through quantitative-based decision support. Their mission is to help Schwab better understand the needs and behaviors of our prospects and clients through statistical analysis and modeling, market research, reporting, and data management.
Our analytical teams within AI&L provide the organization with advanced quantitative analyses and insights that help guide development of new product/service offerings, better target prospects and clients through informed marketing efforts, increase acquisition of desired prospects, understand the ROI of advertising and marketing promotions, measure and assess the impact of business strategies, and identify strategies to grow client engagement, retention, and loyalty. Our analytical services are in heavy demand as our team is a critical component in Schwab's commitment to being a leading data-driven organization.
Brief Description of Role:
Our growing AI&L teams are looking for Senior Managers to partner with business teams across a variety of areas and applications to understand business objectives and scope analytical projects that deliver insights and results. They also work in a cross-functional manner with other consultants, analysts, statisticians, data engineers, and external vendors to deliver insights and solutions based on statistical and econometric analyses. Our business partners place great emphasis on our ability to translate statistical and mathematical results in way that tells a clear story and guides them in actionable decisions. Our Senior Managers are typically individual contributors and report into the Director responsible for the business they support.
Typical responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Scope analytics projects including identifying resources and assets needed, determining analysis approach, conducting analysis, and developing execution plans.
- Work independently or collaboratively throughout the complete analytics project lifecycle including data extraction/preparation, analysis and documentation of results.
- Pro-actively analyze data to uncover insights that increase business value and impact.
- Support various business partners on a wide range of analytics projects from ad-hoc requests to large-scale cross-functional engagements.
- Approach analytical problems with an appropriate blend of statistical/mathematical rigor with practical business intuition.
- Hold a point-of-view on the strengths and limitations of statistical models and analyses in various business contexts and is able to evaluate and effectively communicate the uncertainty in the results.
- Approach analyses in multiple ways in order to evaluate approaches and compare results.
- Bring a creative approach to quantitative analysis and problem solving and is able to comfortably think outside the traditional methodologies from the academic literature.
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, Engineering or similar quantitative field. Advanced degree in a quantitative field a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role
- Strong understanding of how analytics supports a large organization including being able to successfully articulate the linkage between business objectives, analytical approaches & findings and business decisions.
- Strong SAS and SQL programming/data processing experience (including SAS macro programming).
- Programming experience in multiple languages and environments (Teradata, Oracle, SAS, R).
- Ability to work with large transactional databases across multiple platforms.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully build long-term relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- A drive for results with a passion for data/analytics.
- Experience in financial services a plus.