Ayasdi: Data Scientist for Oil and Gas
Are you a data ninja? Do you dream about solving puzzles at night? Join us and help us solve some of the most vexing problems.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Are you a data ninja? Do you dream about solving puzzles at night? Join us! As a Data Scientist at Ayasdi, you will be solving some of the most vexing problems we have today. Our product, with your help will fundamentally alter the way complex data is analyzed. Your curious aptitude will lead you to interesting datasets, but your creativity and initiative will help you find clarity with obscure information. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams while helping to build prototypes and pipelines for our product. This position will bring insight and change how we approach complex problems with analytics. You strive to be the best in your position but want more, to change the world.
- Directly interact with customers to understand and help solve their data problems with Iris and data mining techniques
- Interact and collaborate with engineers relaying feedback from customers and to continually develop our product
- Be the sales team's best friend during pre and post-sales efforts
- Become a master user of Iris, continually using the product at all levels
- Make scientific contributions while contributing thought leadership in publications, peer-reviewed publications, speaking opportunities, presentations
- Contribute directly to all parts of product development via vision, user workflow, feedback, testing, management and new products
- Be customer savvy while giving professional service, always being in tune with their needs
- PhD/MS in Geological Sciences, Chemical engineering, Petroleum engineering
- 4+ years working in a large oil and gas or related company
- Up to date with the latest data mining technologies in the field
- Good understanding of statistics and data mining techniques
- Collaboration experience with cross-functional teams
- Basic coding skills
- Business acumen
- Expert knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry with significant networking abilities
- Ability to travel upto 30-50% in the field as necessary
To all recruitment agencies: Ayasdi does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to the Ayasdi (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Ayasdi employees. Ayasdi will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.