Vanderbilt: Health Sys Analyst Prog II- PHP Developer-1310725
Help our innovative team improve medical education! Develop next generation interfaces and capabilities for medical education, building on existing custom-developed learning and curriculum management systems.
Location: Nashville, TN
Vanderbilt University Medical Center seeks a highly motivated, experienced, and professional PHP Developer to join our innovative team whose overarching mission is to improve medical education. New hire will work with a team to develop next generation interfaces and capabilities for medical education, building on existing custom-developed learning and curriculum management systems. These systems incorporate natural language processing, terminological relationships, and large-scale MySQL databases with a web front end. This program is of critical strategic importance to the institution.
Job requires a Bachelor's and 2 years or an Associate's degree and 4 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; a Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred. Candidates must demonstrate current awareness of technology trends and best practices in information management, show desire to continuously expand knowledge base and proficiencies, and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
Demonstrable knowledge of, and proficiency with:
- SQL query development and MySQL Server management
- Microsoft Windows server and client administration
- Unix/Linux server concepts
- General networking concepts
- Perl, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Experience with MVC frameworks (codeigniter, symfony etc)
- Knowledge of content management systems/CMS (Drupal)
- User experience design (UX)
- Distributed Version Control Systems/VCS (Git, Mercurial, etc)
- Web services development
- Unix/Linux server administration
- 3+ years experience in Python or Java, or other languages appropriate for large scale analysis of numerical and textual data
- 2+ years experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits; Salary is commensurate upon years of education and experience. Expected schedule is Monday - Friday. Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.