DuPont Pioneer: Data Scientist
Develop and apply machine learning, data mining, or other computational approaches to extract insights from large agronomic data sets. Identify and demonstrate novel ways machine learning approaches can improve decisions.
Location: Johnston, IA
DuPont Pioneer is aggressively building Big Data capabilities in order to deliver improved seed genetics and services to our customers. We seek a strong data scientist with background in machine learning and data mining to join our team. This is a critical position with the potential for significant, long-term impact on our business.
The successful candidate will have an extensive background in machine learning and data mining and proven experience validating models against experimental data. Individuals who have a desire to lead, a natural curiosity, and a passion for scientific investigation are encouraged to apply: we are looking for those smart, driven, detail-oriented individuals who enjoy giving their all to tackle tough research problems.
- Develop and apply machine learning, data mining, or other computational approaches to extract insights from large agronomic data sets.
- Identify and demonstrate novel ways machine learning approaches can improve decisions, add value to services, and contribute to the advancement of ideas into the marketplace.
- Inspire other team members by identifying business problems where machine learning and data mining may offer solutions.
- Explore and develop solutions to these problems in a team-oriented setting.
- Conduct independent research and extend in-house algorithms as needed.
- Uphold DuPont Core Values at all times.
- PhD in computer science, engineering, statistics, or a related field and 2-4 years of relevant post-graduate work experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the agricultural industry is preferred but not required. Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Expertise in machine learning, data mining, and statistical methodology and demonstrated experience using these techniques to solve research problems.
- Proven ability to independently deliver end-to-end analyses by asking the right questions, extracting data, building predictive models, and making results actionable.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, such as Python or Perl, is required.
- Proficiency in C++, Java, or C# preferred.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and ability to lead teams to complete complex projects on time and in budget.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
Apply online for Data Scientist (INF00001169).