Bosch: Senior Manager/Project Lead, Data Mining
The data mining team researches data mining and large-scale machine learning algorithms and systems which impact Bosch products and services in Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, Large-Scale Simulations, and other areas.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Apply online at http://bit.ly/1b84V9H
The Bosch Research and Technology Center in North America is part of Bosch's global Corporate Research organization. As part of Bosch's drive to internationalize research, we connect Corporate Research with leading edge technology and the innovative environment in North America.
The data mining team researches data mining and large-scale machine learning algorithms and systems. Our models and methods are implemented in a distributed, parallelized architecture and run on our HPC cluster in order to scale up to Big Data sets. Data Mining is impacting Bosch's products and services in many domains: Purchasing, Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, Large-Scale Simulations, etc.
This is a unique opportunity for you to grow with us. Our small team of researchers in Palo Alto will grow rapidly in the next couple of years. You will also have the opportunity to be a part of an even larger team on a worldwide level. Therefore, now is the perfect time for you to join and make an impact through your personal innovation!
- Leading a team of 7-10 researchers in Data Mining and HPC
- Technical mentoring of junior researcher
- Portfolio and strategy planning for the group in a tight global collaboration
with other teams at Bosch
- Managing the interface to customers (internal and external)
- Pro-active management of funding and business planning for the group
- Leadership, support and participation in public funding projects
- Managing group's interface to academia and other research groups
- Managing department's high-performance computing resources
- Ph.D. in computer science or other relevant discipline.
- 3-8 years of post-graduate experience is required, as well as a proven research track record and leadership experience and/or high leadership potential.
- Deep technical knowledge in the area of machine learning and BigData modeling and processing frameworks such as Hadoop.
- High energy and passion to drive innovation into products is a must.
- Some international travel required.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|